Chapter 27

Mikey P.O.V

"Okay guys." I said as I walked into the living room where Charlie and Betsy were sat, "We need to do something fun, as a group."

"You mean like go out for the day?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "but we have to get out of this house."

"Cool." Betsy shrugged as she got up, "I'll go get P." she said as she rushed upstairs. I could  see Charlie staring after her so I went and sat beside him.

"Have you two sorted things out?" I asked.

"We're kinda talking but we're not the same as we were..." he sighed.

"And you want to be?"

"Of course I do!" he half yelled.

"Sorry... Stupid question." I mumbled.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just tired and snappy." he sighed.

"It's okay man." I said as I smiled at him, "I'm sure you two will work things out eventually." he smiled back at me and nodded.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until Betsy came jumping into the room.

"Parisa isn't coming." she frowned.

"Why?" I asked.

"She said she's really tired and her feet hurt."

"Fair enough." I said as Charlie and I stood up.

We grabbed our coats, Charlie grabbed his guitar and we left the house. I was a bit reluctant to go without P but we needed to do something and Betsy said Parisa was fine with us going. We walked around town for a bit, talking, singing and being childish, until we found a spot and sat down because BB said her back hurt. She stretched her arms and I saw Charlie smile a weird smile. Betsy must've noticed too because she raised her eyebrows at him.

"What?" she asked.

"I just noticed that you have a little bump." he grinned. I looked and he was right, it was small but noticable. The three of us must've looked like idiots because we were sat there smiling at her stomach.

I don't know how long we were sat like that but we were snapped back to reality when some Youngsters were shouting for us to sing something. They were also asking where Parisa was.

Charlie P.O.V

After we told the fans where Parisa was we decided that we'd sing Human Nature by Michael Jackson for them. They liked that idea. 

I turned to pick up my guitar but Mikey had already got it.

"Sing with her." he whispered in my ear. I was confused about why he said that but then I realised that he'd said it so that  I could connect with Betsy again. I smirked at him and nodded, then he started stumming the guitar.

[Betsy:]
Looking out
Across the nighttime
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear his voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

[Charlie:]
Get me out
Into the nighttime
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

[Charlie and Betsy:]
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, ([Mercedes:] does he do me that way)
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

[Charlie:]
Reaching out
To touch a stranger

[Charlie and Betsy:]
Electric eyes are everywhere

[Charlie:]
See that girl
She knows I'm watching
She likes the way I stare

[Charlie and Betsy:]
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way

[Betsy:]
I like livin' this way

[Charlie:]
I like lovin' this way

[Mikey:]
Oh why
Oh why

[Betsy:]
Looking out
Across the morning
Where the city's heart begins to beat
Reaching out
I touch his shoulder

[Charlie and Betsy:]
I'm dreaming of the street

If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

[Betsy:]
I like livin' this way

[Charlie:]
I like lovin' this way

[Mikey:]
Oh why
Oh why

[Charlie and Betsy:]
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why. 

When we'd finished everyone was clapping and cheering. I hadn't noticed but Betsy was holding my hand. I smiled to myself. Mikey is a genius. We had a drink and a break and then they demanded more. So we sang more. It was like old times when we'd go out busking. It was so much fun. The only problem was that Parisa was missing. She would've loved this.

We must've sung about 7 songs by the time we finally decided to finish. It was late as well. We decided to head back.

We picked up pizza on the way back. As we approached our street I could hear Betsy groaning. I turned to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, a little worried.

"I'm just tired." she said, a wave of relief swept over me. I handed Mikey the pizza and walked over to her. I didn't have to say anything, she knew what I was going to do. I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her back.

When we got in I threw her gently onto the sofa. She smiled and thanked me.

I went and got Parisa so that we could all have pizza together. We told her about our day and she said she was jealous which made us all chuckle.

After we'd finished our food everyone was too tired to do anything so we all went to bed. As soon as I got into bed I fell asleep.

-

-

-

-

I was peacefully sleeping when I was awoken by Betsy.

"Bets," I said sleepily as I turned my lamp on, "what's wrong?"

"I have a really sharp pain in my stomach, Charlie." she said in a weird voice, "Something's really wrong. I can tell."

I shot up, "What do we do?" I said, I could hear the panic in my voice now.

"We have to go to the hospital." she said as she took a sharp breath. I nodded and rushed to her side. I helped her down the stairs and out into the car. Luckily Mikey had been awake and watching TV so he drove us to the hospital. He dropped us off and went back home to tell Parisa.

As I took Betsy into A&E and told the doctors what was happening they immediately took her into a private room and made me wait outside.

What if something bad happens?

What if the babies aren't okay?

What if this is karma for what I said?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!

What do you thinks gonna happen?!

Comment/vote/follow

Love you,

XOXO -A