Chapter 75 - Purpose

The guard walked down the cold, dimly lit corridor of the base. If he was being completely honest with himself, any of the others would have been more than capable of delivering the news, but as head of the legion, the task had fallen to him.

As the large, stone door swung open with a bang, an expansive podium was revealed in the centre of the otherwise sparse room. On the podium sat a simple, yet large seat, that some would have described as a throne. The guard, however, knew better than to describe it in this way, for the hooded figure that inhabited it was no monarch, and held little power. At least, for now.

"Sir, I'm afraid I come bearing bad news."
"Then speak it," demanded the figure.
"The Avengers, they all still possess their powers, sir, and Meyers is, well, you could say he's 'on ice'," explained the guard, never daring to step too close to the podium.
"And what of the girl?"
"She, umm, well you see, sir-"
The guard was cut off as a streak of green light ripped through the air in front of him, and he was suddenly aware of himself being dragged further into the room by its sheer force. He quickly came into contact with the figure's hand, as their long fingers curled their way around his exposed neck.
"I said; WHAT OF THE GIRL!?" The figure bellowed, it's mouth contorting into a snarl.
"Sh-she-she got away, sir," the guard choked out.

Before he was aware of what was happening, his neck was free again, and his knees collided with the floor.
"She's with the Avengers?" The figure questioned, significantly more calmly than before.
"Y-yes, sir."
"Well then, I think it's time I paid them a visit myself. Guard, ready your troops. If Hannah believes she truly belong with those people, then perhaps it's time someone reminded her of where her loyalties should lie, and show her what her glorious purpose truly is."

THE END

Thank you so much to everyone who's read this book! I can't believe it's finished! As I said at the end of the pervious chapter, I am planning to write another book, turning this one into a series, and I've finally decided on the title! The next book in the series will be called 'Worlds Colliding'. I felt that this would go well with the title of this one, and make the series feel more cohesive.

I don't know when I'll be able to start the next book, but it'll hopefully be soon, just struggling a bit with writers block at the moment, so I was actually pretty surprised when I had an epiphany about this chapter last night, haha!

I hope everyone has enjoyed the book, and I'll see you for the next one! Stay safe everyone! Much love, Sophie xx