Chapter 5 - Shrouded in darkness

The door to Hannah's cell opened and a blinding yellow light filled the room. Two men entered with a limp body being carried between them. Hannah's eyes began to adjust to the light so she was able to see exactly what was going on. The limp body was in fact a man who looked familiar to her but she couldn't put her finger on just where she had seen him before. The man was chained to the opposite wall to the one that Hannah was leant up against in the cell by both hands and the guards exited the room.

There was still some light in the room after the men had left and it wasn't long before the man had come round. The man let out a pained groan before he looked around the room. His eyes almost instantly locked on Hannah who was just curled up in the corner of the room. She wasn't chained to anything, she never was, so she thought it was curious that this stranger had been attached to the wall.
"Hey," Steve finally managed to say.
"Hello," Hannah said in the sweetest voice she could muster. Her family had always said that she was indescribably caring.
"What's your name?" Steve asked, obviously still in pain.
"Hannah. What about you?"
"Steve. It's nice to meet you Hannah."
Just as Steve said the last word of his sentence, he let out a loud grown. Hannah looked him over to see if she was able to find out what was wrong and her eyes gravitated to his leg straight away where he had a large gapping hole, presumably from a bullet.