Chapter 59: My Girl

The guests talked and laughed with one another as they waited for the ceremony to begin. I was currently standing behind a curtain with Blaise and Theo. In less than 20 minutes, I would be walking down the aisle to the altar.

"Are you nervous Draco?" Theo asked.

I shrugged. "Not as much as I thought I would be."

"See, I told you he was fine." Blaise told Theo.

"Shut up." The light haired Slytherin glared before smiling again.

The two talked until the piano began playing to signal that it was time for us to start heading down the aisle. Theo brushed by me and exited the cover of the curtain, followed by Blaise, and, finally, me. We were all about ten ten feet apart.

The crowd stayed seated as we walked by, all wearing smiles. When I reached the altar, I turned around and clasped my hands together in front of me, looking over the crowd. Not five minutes later, the piano player began playing once again and the doors at the end of the aisle were opened to reveal my sister.

She looked beautiful. I glanced over at Theo to see his eyes wide in shock and awe. I looked forward to find Weaselette following my sister with a smile. They were both holding a small bouquet of white and pink flowers to match their dresses. Once they were both in their spots, the mood of the room changed as a collective gasp and murmurs came from the crowd. I looked back towards the door and froze.

Hermione was coming to the edge of the back row of chairs on the arm of her brother. I don't even know how to describe her looks.

No word could even begin to describe how gorgeous she looked. I felt my mouth begin to dry up and closed my mouth immediately. Her smile lit up the room as she walked. She looked up at me, and shook her head ever so slightly. I smiled and took a step forward as they drew closer.

Once they were a few feet away from the altar, I met them in the middle. The priest spoke.

"Who will be giving this young lady away?"

"Her brother." Neville answered with a smile towards Hermione before looking at me and nodding before giving me her hand and moved to take his seat next to McGonagall and Teddy.

I turned around as Hermione looped her arm in mine and we walked to the altar. We stood in front of the priest with smiles on our faces.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today to unite a couple that came together in the most unexpected way." He began.

I zoned out through most of his speech as I looked at Hermione. All I could think of at that moment was that I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have found a diamond in a place like this. I guess that phrase of there being a diamond in the rough is true.

"Now, we will exchange vows." The priest said, bringing me out of my zoned state.

I nodded before turning towards Hermione and took both of her hands in mine.

"Hermione, today I pledge to you what has already been yours for so long. My eternal love. As we have always done, I promise to walk hand-in-hand with you through life's journeys. No matter what lies in our path, it will be our path, together. In the joys and troubles that lie ahead of us, I will be faithful and loving to you. This is my solemn vow." I said, my eyes not leaving hers. She smiled before saying hers.

"Draco, it's clear to me now that everything in my life has led me to you. I think back on all my choices and consider even the bad ones a blessing because if I had done one thing differently, I might never have met you and become your wife. This is my solemn vow." She smiled and stepped closer.