Chapter 13: Lightning

I just want to take a moment and give a quick shout out to hermioneXbellatrix for being the first to vote and lailai12321 for being the first to comment on this story. Thank you so much.

______________________________________

Once we got back to the Manor we headed to the staircase. I was about to say something when I was hit with a nonverbal spell from behind.

I screamed and collapsed on the ground. I could feel my blood pouring out of my body as my vision started going out.

It felt like I had been slashed open with multiple swords on my stomach and chest. I was in pain.

I seen Draco whip around and look at me. Then everything went black.

__________

I opened my eyes and seen that I was in my room with a blanket covering my body. My door and window were closed, making the room darker than usual.

I felt something run down my cheek and reached up to wipe it off. It was warm and sticky to the touch. Blood.

It felt like I had been dunked in a bucket of mud and left to dry for a few days with no water. I was stiffer than a board.

With nothing to do and no way to move I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over once again.

__________

"I don't know, we were about to come upstairs when he hexed her."

"You didn't see him when you walked in?"

"No. He must have been waiting for us in the drawing room or something."

There was silence after that.

Moving my head to the side, I open my eyes and look around the dim room.

My head is pounding and my body is stiff.

"I think she's awake." A voice says.

I look towards the doorway and see two people standing there.

The taller person starts over towards me and, not knowing who it is, I pull myself up quickly and curl up in the corner with my knees tucked up to my chest.

"It's ok Hermione. It's just me." Draco's voice says.

"I'll see you later Draco." The man in the doorway says.

"Alright." Draco answers without looking at him.

Once the door is closed the room goes black. The only source of light is seeping through the dark grey curtains hanging over the window. I looked over to see Draco's figure at the end of my bed.

He silently turns on the light. I go to move but feel a searing pain shoot through my side, chest, and stomach.

I cry out in pain and wrap my arms around myself.

I remove my hand from my side and see it thickly coated in blood.

I feel Draco's hand on my shoulder but don't flinch away.

"Let's go to the bathroom and get you cleaned up." He helped me off the bed and towards the door.

"Draco..." I whisper. "I'm dizzy."

I stumble into him as my vision started going out.

He hooks his arm under my legs and carries me to the bathroom bridal style. Setting me down the side of the bathtub, he starts the water.