ELRIN!

"IF YOU DON'T TRUST YOURSELF, THEN TRUST ME !"

CHAPTER 9

"A.. beach?"

"Obviously, does it look like a pond to you"

Elrin threw a glare for a second, looking back at the wide beauty. Small boats floated above, as if somebody is riding it but other people is restricted on her own dream so she can't see them.

"Why here? What happened here", Riki spoke after awhile

"What happened, what? Will something happen here?", she asked lost, peeking over at the wide scope around them just to further confirm that there's no one but them

"You didn't know? Your dreams always occur around your past.. bad past", his brows furrowed

"What do you mean, i can't remember anything. I don't even know where we are"

Riki stared at her for a long time, finding a possibility of her joking around but the human is just filled with sincerity

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure what Riki? You're getting weirder everyday i see you", she clicked her tongue, passing by him to walk around

Somehow, it raised her confusion too. The air is warm and it was really quiet. Although the sun burned bright, the clouds seemed like carrying a heavy boulder.

Only when she took another step, the place suddenly changed, the once white sands turned into creaky floorboards. One sway and she lost her balance, painfully banging her head on a hard rail, eliciting a cry.

Elrin stayed curling on the side, though another harsh sways and her body is basically thrown everywhere.

A ship.. I'm in a ship what's happening, she panicked. She can already feel her heart coming out.

The once burning heat turned into icy cold, the blue skies turned midnight, and the calm waves are now aggressive.

Between her attacks, she tried very hard to recall this memory, though when it finally flashed before her eyes, she once again been thrown on the pole just a few meters away from the edge.

"ELRIN!"

An all too familiar voice responded on her desperate cries, a figure showing up infront of her, grabbing her arm.

"I'll pull you to me come on"

"NO! NO THE FLOOR IS SO SLIPPERY I MIGHT—"

"I'LL HOLD YOU!"

"I'M NOT GONNA MAKE IT!"

"IF YOU DON'T TRUST YOURSELF, THEN TRUST ME! "

Breathless, she looked up, her hair harshly hitting her eyes but still enough to see the vampire extending his hand for her to hold.

"I can't reach you Elrin, I don't know why but I just can't. The only way for you to escape is to hold my hand. You're the one who's restricting yourself. You're the only one who can help yourself now"

A tear fell on her pale cheek, watching the vampire all too desperate as her.

A nod from him is somehow enough for her to lay her trust, finding a source of strength within her. She just have to reach his hand. Why is it so hard?

"Take a deep breath and push yourself off the pole. You don't want to get drowned in here. I can describe the water if it'll make you feel better"

"How does my death will make me better!?"

"It's not your death.. it's your fears"

Then the water.. i will drown..

"I will drown on my fears forever.."

A small smile cruised on the vampire's lips, extending his hand more firmly, "Now in the count of three okay?"

Elrin nodded

"Three.."

"Two..."

And the blind sound of one passed on her ear as she pushed herself off the pole, reaching the vampire's hand who immediately pulled her to his embrace.

It was the faded light that brought her back to the real world, Elrin shooting her eyes wide open as she was greeted by her plain ceiling.

The coolness of her room brushed on her skin, the softness of her mattress sunk on her weight, the comforts of her duvet dropping on her waist.

She wasn't dreaming anymore.

Her bedroom door faintly creaked open, catching her attention and saw her brother peeking through.

"You're awake. I put you on bed properly by the way, you just slept sitting!", Sunoo exclaimed like it was the most interesting story ever

Elrin just responded with a small thank you, the boy calling her out for breakfast and walked out not long after.