YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME

Well there goes my cover...

CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

It was almost three months since they met, and ever since the vampire unlocked the huge secret within their coven, he always felt something is bugging him.

Bugging in the sense of how the weight of the secret is too heavy for someone powerful like him, Riki would sometimes overthink for days, and on his sleepless nights he’ll settle on different decisions.

His mind remained messy till then, but when he would meet the girl, all of those unnecessary thoughts wash away. It seems as though the human has the power to pull out the negativeness on his system and provide only warmth and comfort.

More over, Riki believed that a mere human can be powerful too. Elrin had totally bewitched him.

“You don’t have much nightmares now”

“Mhm! It’s all thanks to you!”, she beamed, still crouching infront of the bush of roses where the white rose lies

“Do you like it that much?”, he hummed, watching how her lips would pucker or lift up

“Yeah white roses are rare”

“You can have it”

“Nah i can’t have your uglyass killing me in my dream

“I’m actually being honest but if you’ll put it like that, it’s better”

Elrin just scowled and ignored him, ended up completely plopping on the grasses and just stare at the flower like the cutest thing in the whole world.

Riki just stayed sitting on the big wild root, his back pressing on the tree trunk while closely watching her. It lasted for their whole stay, him just following her wherever she goes as if something would happen if he’ll just fall back in a second or blinked.

▃▃▃▃▃

It was quarter to 3 AM when Elrin sneaked out of the house and to their mini garden placed on their spacious backyard.

She can’t sleep at all. Even if she did, it’s just a couple of minutes or an hour then she would suddenly wake up like something is pulling her back.

It was weird and at the same time scary. She ended up frowning infront of the blooming sunflowers, her face the exact opposite of it’s bright yellow tones, and even if it’s sunny shade she remained gloomy.

She hated this night. She can’t dream anymore. She can’t see the vampire anymore.

Elrin gasped, her eyes widened as she snapped at the flowers like they said something surprising.

“What am i thinking”, she mumbled

Am i missing something? So what if i can’t dream and see him? Is there something wrong in it

“It’s not even a sin for not dreaming oh what are you thinking like that Elrin”

“Would slapping your face suffice?”

“OH M—”

“SHHHHHHH!”

Elrin did hushed and her eyes flickered back and forth to the hand on her mouth and to the owner.

Her brows furrowed when the moonlight shone on his face, able to recognize him, the vampire removed his hand.

“Jake what the fluck?”

Is that even a word”, he snorted and invited himself beside her, “So why are you sulking here alone”

“The real question is why are you here?”

“Visiting?”

“Jake how? Should've you been invited first?”

“No need, I’ve already been here way before. This house is a hundred-year old you know”

“Yeah.. right”, she just simply answered, trying not to look suspicious

The problem is she is already exposed. Too much that her scent already drew the vampire beside her in a dangerous hypnotism between blood and desire.

Elrin can’t feel anything but the coldness of the crisp air, oblivious how the vampire’s fangs grew as he basked on the lingering sweet scent, the rush of blood on her veins, and the thumping of her heart.

Though Jake just chuckled and held it in, the temptation too hard for him to resist but he did.

He stood up, gaining the girl’s attention and froze when she was greeted by his full vampire form.

He grinned, “Don’t worry your secret is safe with me. Afterall, we’re friends right?”

Then her heart dropped, not able to answer nor move even though the vampire already disappeared.

Well there goes my cover...

A/N:
Jake now knows the true identity of Elrin! What do you think will happen next? Find out on upcoming chapters!