CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

Elrin is continuously running in the woods. She didn’t know why but she knows she have to. There’s neither a person or an animal aside her, but it feels that something would devour her if she’ll stop.

She didn’t know how long she is running. All she knew that her pyjama pants are ripped, open wounds on her legs and her bare feet is already stinging and bleeding.

She can’t stop her tears either. She just ran. Farther and farther to no end.

It only stopped when a figure suddenly popped out infront of her and harshly crashed on the hard body.

A bright light greeted her when she opened her eyes once again, breaths faltered when she realized she was in the vampire’s own dream.

“Where were you, i looked hard for you!”, the vampire yelled in worry, only had a chance to see the girl’s state

She only choked on her tears, her body dropping in exhaustion as he rushed to hold her up.

He sighed, “Let’s wake you up now, it’s okay.. You’re perfectly fine out there”

Drops of tears immediately fell when she shot her eyes open. There’s no grazes nor wounds on her body but she still felt the pain and exhaustion pummeling her.

Her jaw dropped when she wasn’t greeted with her usual plain ceiling but the vampire’s face close to her.

“Sunoo she’s awake”

“She did!? ELRIN!”

She winced at the volume, her body being pressed in a hug.

“I thought something happened to you! Riki was calling and banging the door loudly and told us he can’t reach you so we invited him in”, Sunoo sobbed

Elrin’s eyes met with the said vampire again, though his face was no brighter. If anything, she could see a small frown and his brows lightly furrowing.

When he noticed that she’s checking him out, he quickly shot a reassuring smile, though it was too late as the girl already realized that something really bad is happening.

▃▃▃▃▃

“I can’t breathe”, Elrin mumbled, though clear to the vampires’ hearings

Yuta sighed and dropped on his knees infront of her, startling her.

“I’m sorry Elrin”

She panicked, immediately shaking her hands no and begged for the vampire to stand up

“I should’ve been more responsible and protected you more. I’m still lacking”

“No.. dad..”, she sobbed, dropping infront of him and snuggled on his chest in a hug, “You already did everything, it’s my fault, i shouldn’t have been so calm and more careful. You’ve done everything to protect me. You took me as your own and I thank you for that. Stop apologizing please..”

Not long after, Sunoo joined the hug, comforting the human and calming his father as well. Nobody knew what will happen— another outsider knowing is already so much too handle. They didn’t even know the other vampire’s purpose after knowing, but if they would believe Riki then they should consider either asking for royal help or move far away.

Riki quietly left the Nakamoto's after staying for a while longer, showing up directly inside his brother’s room that’s surprisingly empty.

There’s not a trace of him inside, and the atmosphere swarming clearly indicated that no one was been there long.

He was about to go when the curtains suddenly opened, allowing the sunlight to fully peek over the huge transparent windows, hitting the vampire’s arm causing a burn to form.

A painful yell echoed the quiet room, though the pain never subsided when he was forcefully pushed to the spot where the early sun shone, repeatedly receiving blows as he can’t fight back because of the burns draining his energy.

The attacks only stopped when he’s helplessly kneeling on a very small corner void of the light, though it can’t fully hide his legs even if he’s already curling tight and trembling.

“Sweet, i always wanted to play with you like this”

Riki only let out a light scoff, can’t properly move because of the deep burns on his skin and the side of his face.

“You’re still young and naive. Not too powerful enough”

“You’re just too childish, using the sun? You knew very well that you won’t win in a fair play with me brother”

“Already burning and still spitting shits. Just go die Riki you already lived enough”

“You’re older than me.. shouldn’t you die first, Jake?”

Though the said vampire only stood still on the far corner parallel from him where the sunlight can’t reach, a victorious smile on his face.

“Don’t worry you can still see her again.. after a week.. maybe? Anyway don’t worry, I’ll accompany her when you’re still recovering.. brother”

A/N:What do you think will happen to Riki now that he is in danger and cannot protect Elrin from Jake?? Find out on the upcoming chapters!!

A/N:
What do you think will happen to Riki now that he is in danger and cannot protect Elrin from Jake?? Find out on the upcoming chapters!!

P. S
I don't know what to name this chapter—