TAKE CARE OF HER

"Then you need to take care of her"

▃▃▃▃▃

Stupid, you're already taking care of her.

CHAPTER 13

Riki stayed on his room the whole day that day, only getting up to retrieve some blood packs on his own mini fridge on the side of his room and plop back on his bed.

His mind would travel back and forth to several dreams he encountered, though most of them are Elrin's.

Now thinking of it, he wasn't in other people's dreams longer than he used to be. Ever since he found Elrin's cove, he would just skip the others and immediately trap himself on hers.

It was weird of course, he didn't even know why he was doing it. The only thing he was sure at is that Elrin needs help- his help to be exact. Nobody can jump on dreams and do what he wants except him. Maybe a very powerful individual can, but there's no way they would help her like he does.

Rewinding his memory bank even more, he stopped on the day he first met her. The ball. It was very weird that time too. When everybody just passed by her like she is no one, like she is one of them. But the moment he saw her? He immediately knew she's human!

Riki jumped out his bed and blindly threw the empty bag on the trashbin with the previous ones, striding out of his room the first time that day.

▃▃▃▃▃

"Dad can i-"

"Report it to me next week. Make sure no one knows, the usual"

With Varos signaling the coven's doctor to go, Riki invited himself in, his eyes trailing along the doctor's back until the doors closed.

"What was that?"

"Hmm, the usual. Dace would get blood packs from hospitals and would report our own inventories after"

"Oh no big deal then"

The elder just hummed and plopped on his swivel chair, "So, i am almost thrilled that you came here personally without me forcing you"

"Forcing me with cuffs and collars dad, complete it next time"

"Still whiny", he rolled his eyes, "So what's the fuss"

"Simple, why could i know Elrin's situation that easily. Neither of them knew, even my siblings. Just you and me now"

"Oh? Are you even aware that it wasn't a simple thing afterall?"

"What do you mean? You don't know why i can? Did mom birthed me with abnormalities?", his brows knitted

"Rather abnormal, treat it as a gift. If Yuta didn't talked to me, i won't know about the girl too. While you, you knew it without guidance"

"That's why I'm asking. How"

Varos just stared at his son in disbelief. Although annoyed that he didn't know the answer himself, he can just imagine how Riki personally feels. He was sure it's harder for him especially that it's a big secret to hold.

"I just don't know what to do or what should i do with her okay? I feel responsible somehow, what if my tongue slips"

"You're worried"

"I'm confused"

"But you, thinking about her well-being is being worried"

"I am concerned. She is clumsy and oblivious especially with blinds. She can't even feel how Jake wanted to drink her dry the other day"

"Jake.. knew?"

"Ugh maybe? As i said she's clumsy and needs an adult every second of her life. Imagine her going here without blinds-!"

"Then you need to take care of her"

"Take care- what the f-"

"She's your responsibility now. Yuta is my right-hand man and it's our duty to protect his family. Sunoo won't be a problem, but Elrin is. Make sure she's hidden well"

"Dad!"

"And also, maybe your ability of knowing her is fate. She might be your mate~"

"Ugh you aging alot older affects your brain! See you never dad"

"I- NISHIMURA RIKI!"

Me, protecting her?

Riki scoffed as he easily teleported back on his room.

Stupid, you're already taking care of her.