- Lucas Sinclair

It was so long ago but someone requested Lucas and I can't find the request but to whoever requested him I hope you see this lol

Lucas was torn. He didn't know what he wanted anymore. Highschool had mixed a lot of things up for him. He made the basketball team, but he still played Dnd with his friends. He hung out with the popular kids but was also still a nerd. He was still trying to figure out how to play both sides. Something he was never good at. He thought it was always one or the other.

But recently he realized it doesn't have to be only one. He came to this shocking conclusion when he realized he might have a crush on one of his friends. Who was a boy. But not just any boy, it was you. You played the healer in Hellfire, not just in the game but out of it too, you always had their backs. He had met you when he joined the club, with you sitting right next to him it made it easy for the two of you to get to know each other. Soon you were almost inseparable. When Mike and Dustin couldn't make it to a game you were there cheering louder to make up for their absence. When Max dumped him, you were the first one to ask is he was alright, you even stayed the night at his house watching comedies to take his mind of it.

He hadn't realized how hard he had fallen for you until a rather boring math class where you sat in front of him, he had imagined what it'd be like to date you. He didn't think anything of how that might have been a sign, he was just curious, how could someone like you be single? You'd be the best boyfriend, always down for a movie night or last second club meeting, you listened when your friends talked about their interest even if you didn't share them, and you gave the best hugs in Hawkins, probably due to the soft hoodies and jackets you always wore. What he wouldn't give to wear one of your hoodies or just be held by you, maybe fall asleep in your arms late at night with some movie or music playing in the background.

Only when you turned to talk to him was he snapped out of his trance, and he realized what he had been daydreaming about. He couldn't even process what you were saying to him. To focused on the fact he had just thought about wearing your clothes and cuddling with you. That was not something friends normally thought about each other. Let alone two guy best friends.

"Lucas? Hello?" You waved a hand in front of his face.

"Hmm? Yeah, sorry what?" 

"Be my partner?" You asked.

"What?" He could feel his face heat up at your words, his heart pounding in his chest.

"For the assignment? We have to quiz someone on the material."

"Oh." It scared him that he felt sad about your response. Did he actually like you? What would he even do if you had actually asked him out? He probably would have self-combusted.

"Yeah, sure." He managed out and you smiled.

You turned your chair to face his and placed the handout in front of you. Explaining how it worked to Lucas, but his mind was elsewhere. Still trying to process everything that had just happened. 

There were too many confusing things. For one, he liked you. Secondly, does that mean he likes guys? But he likes girls, he still likes Max. But you also? His brain hurt from thinking about it all. 

"Are you coming to the club meeting tonight? Eddie's said we're going to finish up the campaign tonight." You said, once again knocking him out of his thoughts.

"But I have a game tonight." He said.

"Shit alright. How about I go to the meeting, leave early, and show up for the end of the game, then I can tell you all about the campaign?" 

Lucas couldn't help but smile at you. The way you were always able to problem solve, make a shitty situation less shitty. "Sure, that'll work." 

"Sweet. I'll tell the group at lunch."