Ch. 84 | A Quincy's Return

A/n: Do I really need a key at this point? Thanks, NeoOverhaul for the amazing drawing!

================================================================================================================================================================

(A/n: This is the song I played while writing and imagining this fight, play it if you want, just know that I don't own it or the series it's from)

Y/n stared at Kokabiel, his facial expression leaving little to be desired, there was no smirk like usual, no cocky grin as he faced his enemy as he'd normally have, there wasn't a single muscle on his face being used. 

He stood in a large field of grey and blue. Rectangular pillars surrounded the flat field he stood on. Y/n looked at Kokabiel in front of him, his black, high collared tunic flaunting with the wind which seemed to surround Y/n and Y/n alone, the crimson Saint James cross on his back stretching to his shoulders and lower hip seemed to almost shimmer on the darkness of the field along with the lines connecting the edges of the cross which connected the arms and legs. 

Y/n grabbed a thin silver stick on the side of his hip and twirled it on his hand before firmly grasping it. Kokabiel's form had become disgusting to look at, the clear hollow resemblances made the boy want to immediately cut him in half. Y/n could feel his Spirit Pressure quite clearly, Kokabiel was definitely strong, that was a fact that couldn't be denied. 

Y/n leaned his head to the side, a whooshing sound ensued and Y/n felt a sharp pain on his cheek as a warm liquid trickled down towards his chin, he opened his mouth and then looked to his left using the corner of his eye, Kokabiel had moved faster than he expected. He took a deep breath and let go of the grip he had on the thin stick on his hand and then stretched his middle finger, grabbing the slim stick by the small rounded entrance at the end of the stick, he grinned and jumped backward while spinning the stick using his middle finger. 

The pillars surrounding Kokabiel and Y/n glowed dimly, their shine beautiful but short-lived as they decomposed in motes of silvery light which slowly made its way towards the thin rod on his hands. The motes seemed to be absorbed by the very rod as it too glowed, though in a dim red color, adding to the cross and accents on Y/n's tunic which glowed proportionally to the rod. A burst of crimson light ensued from the rod, then condensing itself and stopping several inches away from the rod. It wasn't just any rod, it now looked like the hilt of a crimson and glowing blade that spun around Y/n. 

"I never really learned the way of the Quincy," said Y/n with a sigh, "All I really learned was their method of Reishi control," Y/n stopped spinning the rod and grasped it while staring down at Kokabiel who stood there, his legs shaking and his masked face dropping sweat from his chin, "Mind if I learn using you as a punching bag?" asked Y/n, taking a step forwards. 

Kokabiel took a step back and jumped back, a futile endeavor: with the whooshing sound of the wind around them, Y/n was already in front of him with the Crimson blade pointed to his stomach and with a quick thrust, the blade penetrated Kokabiel's torso.

The Fallen Angel screeched out in pain. He grabbed Y/n's shoulders and used all of his strength to push him away, failing in his attempt as Y/n, unfazed stood in the same position as before. Kokabiel clenched his fist and tried to punch Y/n's face, but with a whoosh of wind he came, and with a woosh of wind he disappeared. Kokabiel took a step back there was a burning pain coming from his stomach, he curled into a ball and screamed, falling on his knees while grasping it. From above him, he heard the same voice from before,