Ch.94 | Best in Eldia's History

================================================================================================================================================================

I made them do ODM practical training. They swung off tree to tree trying to "kill" the titans. They weren't really titans of course. If I put newbies against titans they would all die... well, maybe with a few exceptions.

I looked at the team below -- they were in charge of delivering supplies. 

Many left and were unable to stand training so we were forced to kick them out, others quit voluntarily. 

With my ODM I followed the team on the ground from above. I watch an interaction between Arlert and Braun. Braun took Arlert's bag and rushed forwards to help him. I looked over my notes and wrote a few things.

Reiner Braun. A strong soldier, physically and mentally. And trusted by his comrades. His eyes are the ones of someone who lived through hell, they remind me of scouts who come back after their nth mission. Eyes that I once had. 

I watched as Arlert picked up the pace and grabbed his bag back. He was putting in a lot of effort. I opened my notes again and wrote a few things more.

Armin Arlert. While lacking in physical strength, he's demonstrated an extraordinary aptitude for his studies. He has a lot of conviction, a genius outside of combat. 

I moved with my ODM, going through the trees expertly, without a single branch touching me. I landed on a large branch and looked down as three figures flew down and cut the neck of a fake titan, leaving marks on the bag used to measure the depth.

Annie Leonhart. Her strike form is flawless, but she works poorly with others and tends to isolate herself. Her gaze is cold and she doesn't seem to have much regard for others around her. 

Bertolt Hoover. He has great potential but lacks initiative. He seems to mostly follow Annie around.

The third figure glared behind him and then used his ODM masterfully to push past them. 

Jean Kirshstein. A master of 3D maneuver gear, but his brash personality causes friction with the team. He spotted a titan several meters in front of him, but he wouldn't be the one to take it out. 

A small figure appeared behind Jean and went for the kill. His loud voice made it hard for me not to hear what they were saying.

"Thanks, Jean!"  The boy said redying his strike, "I was right to follow you!" Just as he was about to deal the finishing blow someone else appeared from the shadows and stole the kill. 

Sasha Blause. She has unconventional techniques and good instincts, but they make her unsuited to teamwork. She screamed and used the ODM to reel herself right before hitting the ground, reckless, unconventional, and dangerous. 

The boy stared wide-eyed and with his mouth hanging. Connie Springer. He demonstrates superior physical agility but lacks mental agility. 

I moved to the other group and felt the wind as the ODM reeled the next two. They easily cut through the titan's neck. One cut was deeper than the previous. The first shadow twisted in the air revealing itself. Then it swung down on another neck.

Mikasa Ackerman. A master of all subjects, and widely considered one of the best in our history. 

The second shadow did the same, but once again his cuts were more shallow, and his turns were far too sharp when they shouldn't be, leaving the movement slightly wonky and unbalanced. 

Eren Jaeger. He has no outstanding talents, but he's almost worked harder than anyone to improve his marks. And he is more motivated to attain his goal other than anyone.