The Darkness Within: Part 8

Chapter 8:

"Take the first left, then the second right turn"

The driver nods at Fallon's instructions, as he follows them carefully. "Where am I dropping you off at, again, young lady?"

He takes a moment to eyeball her short skirt, his eyes electrified by the amount of skin being revealed through her tight legs.

Fallon shuts them tight, noticing his anticipated look, his drowsy eyes.

He's tipsy, she notices.

Only she would somehow manage to book a taxi with a drunk man.

"I think it's called Dynaco. It's a bar, just by Bedford Avenue" Fallon squints her eyes, as she struggles to read April's message .

"I think we're here. This must be it" His head sways ever so slightly as he speaks.

The driver parks the car, and turns to face Fallon, his weary eyes resting solely on hers. "That'll be $21.05, please"

Fallon shoves the money in the rough palm of his hand, and begins to emerge from the vehicle. Suddenly, he begins to touch her thigh, stopping her immediately. "Keep the change"

"You can have your money back, darlin'. How 'bout we go somewhere else, just you and I?" He grins, revealing his gold tooth.

"I'm alright, thank you" Fallon tries to stay strong, although her eyes begin to water.

"You sure, baby? You're looking very fine tonight, you know? Don't be selfish. Give me a taste" He attempts to pull her skirt up, leaning in for a kiss.

Startled, she pushes him over.

Punching him twice in the stomach, she storms out the taxi door, slamming it hard.

The man swears at her, before swerving away.

Her eyes wobble in fear, as she fights back her spilling tears.

She retrieves a tissue from her pocket, using it to dab at her wet face.

Fuck.

She curses herself for ruining her makeup.

Seconds later, she's spotted by Divine, who instantly rushes over.

Smile.

That's all you have to do, she tells herself.

Just look happy.

"Look at you, you stunner!" Fallon smirks, eyeballing Divine's gold two piece. "Your husband's such a lucky man, I see!"

They embrace each other.

"Babes, stop playin'. Look at you, boo!"

Fallon smiles, but it doesn't quite reach her eyes.

She stares at Divine's skin; milk chocolate.

Her deep brown eyes, and bronze hair complimenting her skin as usual.

They laugh, and link arms.

"Look what I've got" Divine proceeds to remove a small plastic bag from her purse, containing three white circular pills. She grins as she speaks.

Fallon frowns, but her eyes show hints of sparkle as they rest eagerly on the plastic bag. "Divine babe, I never saw you as a pill taster" Her frown breaks into a smile.

"April gave them to me, said it'll spice up the night" She slips it back into her purse, clipping it shut. "You know I'm more of a smoker, but I think it'll be fun. Black don't crack, am I right?" She winks, nudging Fallon who laughs hysterically.