The Darkness Within: Part 14

Chapter 14:

The 3rd of March, 2000.

It's a Friday night.

Fallon's curled up on the chair, her feet sinking comfortably into their sofa.

Her eyes are glued to the screen.

She's watching her favourite movie.

Just like she always did on Friday nights.

Minutes earlier, she was having a smoke by the old patio outside. Sensing the arrival of her father, she proceeds to explore her mother's collection, spraying the strongest scent around the room. She sits by the broken fireplace, switching on the television.

Her father opens the front door, finally returning home from work.

He's drunk, she notices.

He's grasping a bottle of Whiskey as he enters.

Fallon immediately rises from the sofa to greet him. Her hands are already trembling with fear.

"Fallon, my sweetie. Come give daddy a hug"

His eyes are glowing red as he speaks.

Fallon wonders what drugs he's been taking this time.

Meth? Heroin? Nicotine? Cocaine?

He's experienced them all.

Fallon trudges over, cautious of his behaviour.

He pulls her into the tightest hug, her breasts squishing tightly into his chest.

He releases her, grinning.

"My lovely girl. My sweetest child" He whispers, his fingers cold against her cheek, as he touches her forehead, then her cheekbones, his hands wandering to her neck, her chest...

Fallon instantly shoves him away, her body beginning to vibrate in shock. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Her eyes water. She's scared.

He glares at her, his body full of wrath. "Come to daddy! Come and give daddy a bear hug! Come on, Fallon. I won't bite. Don't be selfish. Give daddy a taste!"

"I don't want to. I already hugged you once"

Fallon takes a step back, then another.

She glances around, scanning the room for the quickest exit. Her father notices this, as he immediately grasps her wrist.

"You're not going anywhere, sweetie" He pulls her close, grabbing her neck with his bare hands. He shoves her onto the sofa, his fingers wandering to her chest.

Fallon yells for help, using her free hand to cover her breasts.

He grabs her arm, slapping her across the face to keep her silent. He covers her mouth with the palm of his hand, before attempting to remove her clothes.

There's no one to save her.

Her mother is taking a night shift.

"There's no one in the house, just you and me", her father whispers.

Fallon screams in agony, noticing the pleasure in her father's eyes as he enjoys beating his fists into her skin.

With every hit he feels a cold sting of delight.

He grabs her body once again, thrusting her onto the kitchen counter, aggressively squeezing her breasts hard between his icy fingertips.

He laughs, his body absorbing her pain.

Bruises.

Bruises everywhere.

In her mind.

Engraved in her skin.

They won't go away.

He begins to unzip her jeans, shoving his hand underneath. To get a feel.

To enjoy the fulfilment of her screams.

He smiles, taking great pleasure in watching her crumple, with grim satisfaction.

Fallon falls silent.

Unable to yell no longer.

She has no choice.

She closes her eyes, letting him in.

The deed is done.

He hands her a small bag, filled with cheap jewelry she may have found fascinating at the time.

"You're just a cheap slut, as cheap as these" He would say.

And he's right.

She was.