The Darkness Within: Part 21

Chapter 21:

It's the 27th of October, 2015.

Fallon's sitting in a restaurant.

The lighting is dim and the air is thick with the scents of all kinds of food.

She holds the centre of her nose, trying not to gag as a waiter walks past her, carrying a plate of seafood.

She's never liked the smell of fish.

As she waits for Damari to arrive, she smoothers her red dress with her hands, enjoying the satisfying feel of the velvet material.

It's soft.

Silky.

It reminds her of thick blood.

That's why she wore it tonight.

She's always loved the colour of blood.

She takes hold of the thread hanging from the rim of her dress. Using her strength, she cuts it off, dropping the strip on the floor.

She takes a glance around, listening to the noisy chatter of those around her.

It's loud tonight, the restaurant is filled to the brim with people.

She takes sight of a young couple sitting to her left, similar age to herself and Damari, she realises.

The man grins at his girlfriend, his legs suddenly bending into a knelt position.

His girlfriend screams in delight, covering her mouth in shock.

Fallon watches as the man slowly opens the small velvet box hidden in his hand, revealing a Crystal ring, it's body glistening in the light.

"Maria, will you marry me?" His hand is vibrating in fear. Fallon can almost feel the tension in his body, his heart thumping immensely.

Suddenly, the restaurant's silent, as all eyes dart towards the scene, like spectators waiting for something spectacular to appear at a circuit as gasps of shock fill the air.

The woman nods immediately, before jumping into his arms. Her eyes are shining with tears, but her face is painted with joy.

Everyone around them starts to clap.

Imagine she said no, Fallon says to herself, now that would've been funny.

A young woman then looks away, immediately taken aback by the scene before her. She wipes the new tear forming in the corner of her eyes with a napkin.

Fallon frowns, her eyes scan the large room, her body begging for Damari to be here, to just show.

She glances at her phone.

One hour late.

Her makeups starting to dry, her stupid dress is too tight, her large loop earrings are starting pull her ear off, and her heels aren't even her size. Too small. They pierce her skin every time she moves an inch using her foot.

All this.

For what?

A man who can't even show up.

Taking a deep breath, Fallon sighs.

She stands up, and walks out the door.

She feels the burn of the harsh eyes of all the rich white superior, stuck up business owners staring at her as she storms out of the luxurious restaurant.