The Darkness Within: Part 22

Chapter 22:

17th of May 2009.

That night.

Fallon's in their home.

She's crying desperately, as she begins to smash items at the wall, her body filled with a mixture of emotions.

Hurt. Disappointment. Pain. Anger.

She grabs two wine glasses, both engraved with the names 'Damari' and 'Fallon' .

They were a gift, given by Damari's parents on the night of their wedding.

She throws them against their living room wall, watching as they both demolish to pieces.

Like their relationship.

Katherine takes hold of her cell phone, her fingers trembling as she types. Bringing the phone to her ear, she can feel the vibration through her brain as she waits. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, pick up the damn phone Chrishell-

She paces up and down the room, relieved by the sound of her friend's voice.

"Chrishell, help me please" She cries. She begins to pick up pieces of Damari's remaining clothing, trashing them instantly. She pushes his blazer further and further down the trash can.

"You have to help me, you have to-

Her voice trails off, as she places a hand on her forehead. "Oh God, what have I done?"

She instantly begins to clear out Damari's secret stash of condoms he keeps for her arrivals, hiding some in between his couch, and underneath his desk. She places the remaining in her purse.

"You need to calm down, babe. What's going on?"

"She found out. His wife found out. You should've seen the way the crazy bitch just ran in here, as if she wanted to kill somebody. She's an absolute psycho. She's-

She pauses. "Ohmigod, what if she harms Damari? I thought it may be fine but it's been an hour and he's not picking up his cell- oh God what have I done?" She perches her bum by the seat of his velvet crimson couch, crying hysterically.

"Listen babe, you need to calm down-

"He always told me she was a psycho, and she really is. Oh God, what if she comes for me? What should I do? Forget it, I'm calling 911"

"Are you stupid, Katherine? Do you want to get yourself into trouble?"

"I already am in trouble!" she screams, pacing around. Her blood pressure is high, and her breath is cutting short. She places a hand on her stomach. "I think I'm going to be sick"

"Listen, Katherine. Leave that office, now! Do not call the police, because if anything happens to either your boss or his psycho wife, you'll be considered a prime suspect, so you gotta leave"

"You're right. You're right" She removes the strands of hair from her wet face."That's exactly what I'm going to do. It'll be like I was never there" She sighs, engraving the story into her brain until she believes it. She takes her belongings and flees from the scene.

Fallon's body falls to the floor, as she continues to scream, and weep.