17. Park Seo-Joon

As soon as Park Seo-Joon and his devilish looking mom left the house after a promising he would visit soon, Jungkook went over to look at the second parcel Jin gave to him. 

Seeing Jin in pain before, Jungkook's heart crashed into pieces but he hold his tears with difficulty because he didn't want to create a scene there. Seo-Joon had stayed stuck to him after Jin's arrival and Jungkook hated that from his whole gut. But what can he do about that? He stayed miserably under Seo-Joon's dirty looks.

His mom questioned about the visitor and Jungkook told her that Jin came to return his bag. At first Mrs. Jeon looked unhappy but luckily after Seo-Joon said he was by his side that time and he couldn't do anything wrong to him, she calmed down. As Jin would ever hurt Jungkook, Dah.

Jungkook picked up the paper bag and sneaked to the back yard in case his mom would see it and start an investigation.

He sat on the grass and pulled the bag onto his lap. A good smell was coming from inside so he hurriedly opened it. Jungkook was welcomed with a delicious looking walnut pie which was one of his favourites. And his heart warmed up seeing the shape of it.

"Oh Jin, you really know me." said Jungkook sighing to himself. Then he peeped inside the bag again and saw a heart shaped card. His eyes widened seeing that.

With trembling hands he took  it out. He turned to the side where the writing was. 

Slowly and carefully he read it while tears wetted both his cheeks and card.

Dear Jungkookie,

How are you doing my love?

I just wrote this in a hurry so sorry if there would be mistakes but I want you to know that I meant every single word in this card.

I don't know why you ignore me but after thinking for a lot of time I guessed it's because of my filthy money and stuff. It's fair of you to think the insecurities when I'm filthy rich. So... I decided to leave them all. Leave every single piece of shit that makes a barrier between you and me. I know you love me and I love you too so what else do we want? I am gonna give all my property to Tae and live with you. I am sure I can help you and your mother for the rest of our lives from the money in my own account which I've earned all by myself.

I haven't felt this happy in my entire life Kookie and it's because of you. All I want now is you. The only thing you have to is say 'yes'. If you truly love me please say 'yes'. 

I love you so much Kookie!

Your loving Jinnie ♥♥

Jungkook reread the the letter while crying. At the end he hugged it on his chest. He was helpless in this subject. What if he show this to his mom and convince her that Jin's a honest person with his feelings? No, now it's too late. She had even agreed on the marriage.

Days went by with sorrow. Seo-Joon came by a couple of evenings to take the boy to dates. Jungkook was threatened by his mom to keep a straight face in front of him so he forced a lot of smiles; a lot.

As usual Jungkook was sitting in the passenger seat of the police car on the way back home from his third date. It was almost 8 p.m. 

Seo-Joon took a peek at Jungkook while driving.

"Kook honey?" he called.

"Yes?" Jungkook hated him calling 'honey'.

"Did you realize that we've already gone on three dates and  still  haven't shared a one single kiss?"