Chapter Ninety-Nine

CW: death 💀💀💀

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Robyn was buzzing. She was so happy. She could think of nothing but Hermione and the way she'd touched her – going both ways, that is – and the way she tasted, and the way she looked when she was in ecstasy, and the way she sounded when she was in ecstasy. The way she said Robyn's name. The way she said I love you. The way she...existed, basically.

The Dark Lord was far from her mind, her father was far from her mind; Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback, Mr Borgin; none of them even existed to her right now. If someone were to ask her what a Vanishing Cabinet was, she'd have no clue.

She was content. Satisfied. Peaceful...

But also full of pee. As in, she needed to pee. As in, for real this time.

Even though it was the last thing she wanted, she carefully extracted herself from Hermione's arms. On the bright side, she got to put on Hermione's top. And the faster she went to meet a wizard about a Plimpy, the faster she could get back in Hermione's arms.

As Robyn climbed over her, Hermione slept soundly, and that would be fair enough if it were night-time, but it was literally the middle of the afternoon.

Robyn must have really worn her out.

(Yes, they had kept going. Several times).

She tried not to grin too widely.

Jinx appeared and followed her to the bathroom, and once she was done with her business, she picked him up, holding him snugly to her Hermione's-top-covered chest.

"How could this be wrong, Jinxie? I'm so happy."

He meowed.

"Everything's better when we're together. She makes it all better. She makes me better."

He meowed again, and this time he was purring, too.

"I know, right?" she agreed as if he had spoken. "I'm so happy, I could- I could—" she pulled her wand out of her shorts' waistband and whispered, not entirely expecting a result, "Expecto Patronum."

It worked!

Well, what do you know! All she needed to do to finally get the charm (which, to be honest, she'd kind of forgotten about) was sleep with her girlfriend. Not-girlfriend. Hermione. Whatever.

At the end of the previous year she'd more or less given up on the Patronus Charm in favour of revising spells she actually needed for exams (and also, of course, she'd been publicly accused of having an inappropriate relationship with Barty Crouch Junior, and that was kind of distracting), and after the Department of Mysteries it hadn't even crossed her mind because she knew there was no way she was happy enough to do it, but now here she was. Here it was. Out of the end of her wand, a blinding, dazzling, silver animal – as opposed to a shapeless cloud of mist – sprang forth. It looked like a horse. It was a horse.

She was buzzing. She had to tell Hermione.

Jinx jumped down from her one-armed hold and tried to chase the Patronus which was cantering around the room, finally free. It only made Robyn smile more.

She watched the two for a moment before hurrying back to the bedroom to wake Hermione and tell her the good news. But Hermione was already awake, and she was crying.

"Hermione! What—?"

Hermione opened her eyes in a flash, sitting up abruptly. "Robyn?" she said quietly. She sounded – and looked – more vulnerable than Robyn had ever seen her.