Revival

As I'm walking through the streets, a woman runs up and tries to stab me, but I move out of the way, causing her to fall on her face.

(Y/N): "Look, if you're gonna mug someone, at least wait until not everyone is at constant risk of dying, okay?"

She gets up and faces me, and I realize it's the woman who tried to stab me back before I met Meliodas.

(Y/N): "Really?! This again?"

She has a glazed look in her eyes, and she darts forward and tries ro stab me, but I effortlessly dodge.

(Y/N): "Come on, just stop, please. You're embarrassing yourself, and I've gott go fight a big purple Demon, okay?"

She moves at me again, but I just slingshot myself towards the direction of the Demon.

Really? She's still doing that?

I land on top of a house and look for the purple guy. I spot him to my left and start jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

I stop dead in my tracks as soon as I feel- Mel- no. No it can't be? Can it?

I look to my right for a moment and see Ban heading to the same place as me.

I lift myself up and look towards the Demon, and look from right to left. Howzer, Merlin, and Princess Veronica are- there he is. Standing in front of the giant Demon. Short, Blond, wearing a baggy suit. It's him.

The giant lifts up his arm and shoots it towards Meliodas, but before his arm gets far Captain jumps straight through his chest, before turning around and flying straight through him again, and again, and again and again, before landing on the ground with so much force he causes the ground to crumble a bit.

The Demon shrinks to kit even a 3rd of his original size, the falls to his knees, covered with holes.

I jump off the roof and run there as fast as I can, and when I get up there just behind the others, Meliodas slaps the thing so hard he rolls away.

Meliodas: "Easy, don't die yet."

Wha . . ?

Meliodas begins slowly walking towards him, and even though I can't see his face, I know he's smiling.

Ban: "Wait . . That's not how The Captain usually does things . ."

(Y/N): "Who is Captain fighting?"

Merlin: "That would be Fraudrin."

Fraudrin starts to stand up, speaking something, but my mind is racing so much that I can't understand what he's saying. How is- how did he . .

My head spins towards the as soon as I hear an electric buzz, and see Fraudrin emanating red lighting off his body.

Howzer: "What's he doing?"

Merlin: "It seems that Fraudrin opted for self-destruction."

Howzer: "Self-Destruction??"

My view is blocked off by a pink haze, and we slowly float up to the sky.

Merlin: "Don't worry, he may be powerful, but he can't destroy a Perfect Cube."

Howzer: "That's not what we're worried about!"

Merlin: "Naturally, neither can The Captain."

Meliodas and Fraudrin continue talking, but the Cube is making it harder to hear. I don't know if that's the case for everyone, or if it's just because of what I am.

Veronica: "It's over for that Demon! He's nothing but a pathetic monster!"

Ban: "Merlin, is provoking him a part of The Captain's strategy or what?"

Merlin: "Hmm."

(Y/N): "He could've killed Fraudrin by now, is he just going to let him explode?"

Nobody answers, but we all look at each other, worried. Except Merlin of coarse. She just keeps staring down below, hand on her chin.

I look back down, and see a small boy grabbing Fraudrin's leg, and a big purple ball surrounds them.

Wait? Isn't that Griamore's ability?

Dreyfus runs towards the ball and starts punching it frantically.

Veronica: "Griamore no! Get away from him!"

After a few moments, Fraudrin pats Griamore on the head, and the red lighting fades away from his body.

Griamore's wall comes down, and Dreyfus hugs Griamore.

(Y/N): "Did- what?"

Fraudrin walks over to Meliodas, and almost immediately Meliodas punches him so hard there's nothing left above the waist.

(Y/N): "Captain?"

We all just stare at him as Fraudrin's particles float away in the wind.

Elizabeth walks into my line of sight, and she just stands there, like us.
Even though I don't have much context, Fraudrin looked like he had surrendered. Something isn't right with Captain.

Merlin sets us down as the sun begins to set, and we all spread out a bit. Merlin stands there for a bit, twirling her vial of black goop.

Ban stands near Meliodas, and I stand between Ban and Merlin.

Escanor: "Lady Merlin!"

I turn and see Escanor, slim yet Muscular, walking towards us.

He and Merlin talk for a moment, before Meliodas speaks.

Meliodas: "How long are you gonna stand there? You wanna say something to me, right?"

Ban: "Well, yeah."

He walks towards The Captain and stops almost behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Ban: "I'm glad that you're alive and well . . Buddy."

He puts his hand back into his pocket and walks away.

Ban: "Why don't we throw back a few drinks tonight to celebrate? Sound good?"

Meliodas just stands there, unresponsive.

I take a few steps towards Merlin and Escanor, because . . Well I don't know.

Escanor: "What happened? I'm certain that we all saw the Captain pass way, right before our eyes."

Merlin: "Every time he dies, he's always resurrected."

Escanor and (Y/N): "Huh?"

We look at her, shocked and confused.

Merlin: "It's due to a curse placed on him by the Demon King.

Escanor takes a step toward Meliodas.

Escanor: "So he's cursed to be Immortal? Incredible!"

(Y/N): "What kind of a curse is that?"

Merlin: "The problem is, each time he's brought back . . His emotions vanish, and he regresses to the state when he was known as the most feared demon of them all."

(Y/N): "Oh."

Escanor gives a light gasp, and I take a step towards Meliodas.

Escanor: "Cap-"

Merlin: "Just . . Let him be for right now."

We all stand there in silence.