Downer

After a few hours, Escanor, King, Gowther, and I sat down for a drink, with King getting drunk. Eventually, after getting upset with Gowther, he falls unconscious. I stare at him for a moment and take a sip of my drink.

Gowther: "I knew it. He doesn't like me. And who could blame him? After all, I did a terrible thing to someone he cares about."

Escanor: "Oh, it'll be okay! Don't forget, King's the kindhearted type."

I continue drinking, not really sure what to add.

Gowther: "I think . . . It's time for a change. I just want to do better, be better! If I'm able to do that somehow, do you think that King and the others would come to like me?"

(Y/N): "We already like you!" I slam my mug down, careful not to make too much noise and disturb the other people around. "But yeah, maybe some minor changes wouldn't hurt . . ."

Escanor: "Now, let's get King somewhere he can sleep this off."

*I stand up and wrap him up in a few tendrils*

(Y/N): "This'll make good practice . ."

Escanor: "Hm? Practice for what?"

Gowther looks at my tendrils for a few seconds.

Gowther: "You are performing less proficiently than before. Did something happen?"

(Y/N): "Uhhh . . . Well, uhhh . . . You see . . . I uh, mm. Yes! So funny story actually, uh, I can't- I- sigh Half of my abilities just don't work anymore, and I've entirely forgotten how to use my tendrils apparently, and I have new abilities in place of the old ones that I have pretty much no practice in so I should probably go do that after we tuck King in!"

They just stand there, stunned for a few moments.

(Y/N): "Yup . . So that's uhh. That's what's up!"

Escanor: "You lost your abilities? Which ones?"

(Y/N): "Well, Absorbing Sheild, uh, Leach, Full Wolf, and-"

Escanor: "Oh no! You lost Full Wolf??"

Gowther: "And in return, what did you gain?"

(Y/N): "Ah, I can do this," I use my tendrils to create a sword in my hand. "I can shoot something, and I can make a white ball."

I stand triumphantly as Escanor and Gowther look at me with a blank expression.

(Y/N): "Look, it's only been a few days, okay?! I'm gonna go put King to bed, and then I'm going to practice with these new abilities. As much as I'd like to goof off, things . . . They're getting more serious by the day. Sure, we saved Liones. But that's all we saved. Celebrating is nice, but I've already done too much of it."

I begin walking away as reality really begins to set in on me.

(Y/N): "You guys have more leeway than me. You actually know what you can do and have had years to practice. I'm back at square one. Even the things I know I can do, I can't do them with ease anymore. So don't let me bring you down. Keep having fun. I'm going to go train."

With that, I walk away, feeling bad about ruining the mood. I'm not sure why, but in those moments, everything became strikingly clear to me. Sure, some Commandments are gone, but only the weaker ones. What about the one in red, Zeldris, I think his name was.
He's stronger than the rest in a way I can't explain. Melascula is definitely still out there, and at this point it seems like nothing can kill her. Not to mention, I'm not that easy to kill, so my legs are more than likely out there as well.

Most of Britania is under attack, and here I was, not bothering to go out of my way to figure out how I can help. I always try to keep things lighthearted, but now I need to focus.

I place King down on his pillow upstairs, then turn and head for the balcony.
From now on, any free time I have will be dedicated to understanding and growing my power.