Performance Issues

Merlin: "Hey, (Y/N), before you go"

I look at her for a few seconds, still holding the door open. She doesn't say anything, and just looks around a bit.

(Y/N): "Yes?"

She looks at me and smirks.

Merlin: "It's time."

(Y/N): "Wha? Time for what?"

Merlin: "Come with me and I'll explain."

(Y/N): "O-kay."

I hold the door open for her and follow behind.

(Y/N): "So while you're explaining things, mind telling me what that Orb in your stomach was all about before?"

Merlin: "Oh yes, you weren't there. I lied to Galand and used my Orb to avoid the repercussions."

I stare at her blankly, then look down at her waist.

(Y/N): "Then where is it now?"

Merlin: "I reversed the effects. It took a lot of time and effort, but clearly it paid off."

(Y/N): "Only you . ."

I shake my head softly and smile. After a few steps I look around, and it's rapidly getting foggy.

(Y/N): "So uh, foggy day today, huh?"

She doesn't respond, and just continues on her way.

I look up and see the moon, shining brighter than the Sun seems to, which uh, doesn't feel right.

Merlin: "Up here."

She floats away, up towards the top of- ah. That building. The location of our framing, all those years ago. Glad I didn't lose that memory, as bad as it is.

I stick out some tendrils, latching onto the wall, and begin climbing. Something seems off though, my tendrils feel a tad weaker. I look down at them, and the dark energy is almost entirely gone. Just a few slivers left. I really hope I don't lose my tendrils like Absorbing Sheild, that would be an absolute nightmare.

Suddenly my grip with every tendril slips at once, and I begin plummeting. I go to grab the wall again, but my tendrils don't respond. They just kinda flap around. Okay, this is bad. If I hit the ground not only will it hurt, it could wipe out a few buildings. Not to mention the tendrils! Those things could flop over and kill someone.

Think-think-think-

I spin around to look for Merlin, but she's not there.

I turn back around and hope- I'm angel energy, right? So surely I can-

I feel something very strange on my back, and lose most of my momentum. I turn to look at what I assume to be wings as fabric flies past my face. When I turn my head, all that's left is a few whisps of energy and BAM- I've hit the ground.

I quickly hop to my feet and look around, seeing nothing. I feel around my back, and while there's no shirt covering it anymore, all I feel is the loose tendrils. Maybe they did something?

I look around to make sure I didn't damage anything, and it was all fine except for where I landed. The ground was cracked a little but it's probably fine.

(Y/N): "Okay, so now I just need to not fall again."

I go to move a tendril, and it limply flops in the general direction of the wall.

(Y/N): "sigh Okay, soooooo . . ."

I turn my head slightly to my back, and think. I had designated areas for my tendrils to come out so it wouldn't rip the shirt, so something else must have happened. Maybe I did get wings?

I tense up and try my hardest to shoot them out of my back like tendrils, but nothing happens.

I try again, and again, and again, but still nothing.

(Y/N): "Where did Merlin go?"

I look around to make sure nobody is watching, and hold out my hand towards the wall. I close my eyes and concentrate, like I did when I was first learning how to use them. Eh- wait, I remember that?

I look down at my hands. Maybe . . Maybe now that the energy is pure my memories are returning?
I laugh to myself.

(Y/N): "Maybe I'll end up remembering where I'm from! Ahem Now is not the time."

I shake my head and put my hand back out and close my eyes.

I focus entirely on one tendril, as if it was my entire body, and try to move. Something happens, but not much and it feels very different. Almost like an entirely new limb . . . Hang on, maybe . . It could be that I'm used to moving it with the dark energy and now that it's pretty much gone I need to change how I move . .

I then focus on how I felt when I made the sword back in the castle, how it felt when the energy moved. How it swirled around before settling and hardening. Only I don't want the hardening this time.

After a few seconds of pure concentration, the tendril begins to move, and once again, it feels so different than before. I open my eyes, and even the way it moves is different. Before it was all curved and had ripples around the edges when it moved, now it's angular, only having a small curve when I turn it. Like a square with rounded edges rather than pointed. There was no longer any black on my energy, not even a speck. Pure, glowing white energy was all that remained.

I then start using my new method on the other tendrils, and it works. I'm back in control. I swirl them around rapidly, and strong winds blow in every direction. It's not just appearance and method changes, they feel a lot stronger. More pure. But not how they were meant to be.

I start climbing back up the wall, and the tendrils are less hand like in the sense that I don't need a good grip to climb anymore. I can just clamp onto pretty much anything.

While I'm ascending, I hesitantly hold out my hand again, and concentrate on the energy feel. I close my eyes and feel my arm pulsate, and immediately look at it.

The energy is coming off of my forearm, and just kinda slowly swirling around like smaller, more gooey tendrils. I move them around freely, again like the tendrils. It's kinda fun actually.

I imagine a sword, and they quickly form into that shape in my hand, hardening just as fast. A small tendril links the pommel to the middle underside of my forearm. I twirl the blade, proud. I slowly look at the wall and stop climbing, then look around again.

Nobody's there, so I slash at the wall and it cuts straight through with ease.

(Y/N): "Oh I'm so cool."

I resume climbing, morphing the energy back into my arm.

Finally, I'm almost there. I reach the top and start to pull myself up, stopping halfway. I stare into a green pair of eyes, inches away, for a second before I realize someone's there and pull away.

(Y/N): "Sorry cap!"

I salute and look around, spotting Escanor, Merlin, Gowther, Ban, and obviously Meliodas.

Meliodas just smiles and gives me an "okay" sign next to his face.

I hoist myself up.

Ban: "Took ya long enough, but I can understand. You were just wrapped up in all your love stuff with Jericho, weren't you?"

I point at him.

(Y/N): "Ohhhhh you don't get to talk anymore, you had a several minute long makeout right infront of us, and I can only imagine what you've been doing since. Which actually now that I say it I'd rather not imagine it . . "

Ban shakes his head.

Ban : "So what gives, why'd you bring us all here, Merlin?"

We all turn our attention to her.