Loss

That night, a group of Knights, King Bartra, and a few others gathered to bury those who had died in the Assult.

I suppose I should've guessed there would be casualties, but the thought never fully crossed my mind.
None of the other Sins are here, as they're attending their own problems.

As I make my way over there, quite late as well, I get a twist in my stomach thinking of who might've died. I know Jericho lived, Merlin said she got her out, and none of the Sins died, but other than that nobody I know is accounted for.

I finally arrive and face 4 holes in the ground, with Jericho all the way on the other side.

I spot Howzer, a few of the Azure sky, or whatever they were called, Hendy and Dreyfus, and of coarse, King Bartra.

I decide to check on Jericho, and as I'm making my way over I stare into the Graves.

There's the Holy Knight who can affect a person's Gravity, there's a really old man in a green jacket, there's . . Denzel? How did-

I stop when I see the 4th person.

Gustav.

I slowly walk to Jericho, confused as to how he died. Wasn't he there to shoot snow at Jericho to . . To slow her transformation?

I stop beside her, and stare down at Gustav.

While everyone else is crying, or saying their last goodbye, Jericho just stands there, fixated on her brother.

Jericho: "I don't understand . . I never even had a decent conversation with my brother . . . So why'd he choose to die protecting me, when the only words he ever spoke were complaints?"

I put my hand on her shoulder, and after a few moments she hugs me tight, and buries her face into my chest, crying.

I . . I don't know what to say. I- how do I . . How . . How do I comfort her?

I hug her back, laying the side of my head on hers.

What do I say? How d- HOW? She doesn't deserve to feel like this . .

I can hear a girl yelling something about justice and Denzel.

Bartra: "Everyone! As King, I ask you to respect the fallen, and sends off their souls with reverence and gratitude. If at all possible, I hope you'll strive to restore this once great Kingdom with haste. The Demon race devastated both its structures and the hearts of its people. So we must all put the past behind us, and stand together as one!"

We all nod our heads, but I never break the hug.