Act 2 - Scene 4: Out of The Black

H

Over the past week I've been organising my savings account with the money I received from the president gig. I took out a generous amount to invest into some cool props. I had the idea to do a Christmas special to provide more entertainment for my audience. Perhaps I'll wait to start this up on my new working progress of a website. I also brought a new camera and parts to design my own computer. But as a standard procedure I have put money aside for bills and Paris' athletics. Paris' athletic hobbies are worth investing into, especially as she's participating in a winter competition at Wembley.

"I want to make a winter cake, but how aunt Grucia explained. Y'knoe the kind where the raisins and prunes ferment in syrup and spices until a natural wine is produced. Like it would be so delicious!" Smiled Paris, walking up and down in the living room with her homework in hand.

"You sure you don't want to go culinary school?" I joked. She whipped her head round to look at me as if to question if I was serious.
"I'm joking." I clarified with my hands up in surrender.

"I'll do it next year, because the fruit takes a while to ferment anyways." She drifted in thought, talking out loud to herself.
"So Holly, what you want for dinner?" She put her hand on her hip as if she's had a long hard day. It just touched noon and we've both been chilling.

"Anything sis. In fact I was going to get a takeaway."

"Nah don't, I need to be eating better foods. My track time has slowed by a second. Also there's no point in spending your money like that when I could make something worthwhile." She lectured.

"Alright." I chuckled defeatedly. I'm glad she's aware about our spending limits.

But hmm... what shall I do today?

I won't have to work for a couple of weeks, but the idea of making money doesn't stop, meaning the grind cannot rest.

Lol I'll read a book.

"Oh and Holly." Paris spun around as if she forgot something.

"Ya?" I looked up at her.

"I forgot to say that I'm staying at Janae's house tonight. Her mum is fine with it. Her older brothers aren't in, they're gonna be gone during the night. And we both agreed to help each other out with English revision." She articulated quickly.

"Okay cool, but keep your phone close and be back before 10am." I dismissed.

"Thank you!" She squealed then ran off to prepare whatever dish she wanted to prepare.

I shook my head and smiled. Such a social bunny, which isn't a bad thing just very different from me. Must be innately in her.

.

"Dinner's ready!" Called Paris.

My belly was rumbling, so I got up quickly to join her in the living room. She made a type of meat stew with thin noodles and vegetables, a separate bowl of sticky corn rice and a bowl of salad to go on the side.

"Oh wow." I smiled gleefully with hunger.
"You really did outdo yourself, didn't ya? Thank you my wonderful sister." I showed her my appreciation before digging the heck in.

She chuckled and shrugged. "Well we had the ingredients so I got creative." She said.

Not long after our buzzer went off.

Who the fuck is it?!

"Ugh." I sighed and got up.

I answered the flat phone and it was CJ. I told him to come on up. Lol I can just imagine Paris' reaction.