As Quiet As A Mouse

I appreciate your time to read this book. Please vote, share and comment!!

H

Everything happened too quickly. My brain couldn't keep up with the chaos around us. The last thing I remember was me grabbing Paris' wrist and sprinting towards the nearest exit. The shopping centre; mall was filled with people screaming and crying, trampling over each other carelessly.

"It's going to be okay." I hopelessly reassured myself and my sister.

"W-what about the others?" She hugged into me.

We were hiding in a storage room in a public car park. We were nowhere near the private area where we had originally parked. We didn't even know where we were located. We were stuck up north near Manchester.

"I-I don't know?" I worried.

Before all hell broke loose, Felix was speaking to Quinton in a code language. I didn't like it, but the two of them both felt too anxious to care about how I felt at the time. Chris said to me that Felix was in communications with private watchdogs and security to ensure the safety of Quinton and Co. They said that certain networks were failing to respond quickly and that's why Quinton and Felix were anxious and on guard.

Chris was adamant to lighten up our moods so persisted to take me and Paris to an antique jewellery shop. Quinton went to make a few phone calls and Felix went to book dinner reservations. Then the oddest thing happened. I see a man pickpocketing a elderly lady with a corgi, who looked awfully familiar. The thief was wearing a blue suit and smart shoes, but his face was masked up. As he looked up and met eyes with me we shared a look. I don't know why but he reminded me of CJ. I couldn't believe it so I called out my cousin's name, and the suited-masked man dipped before all sirens went off. Chris was nowhere to be seen and people outside the store were running. I didn't think twice before grabbing Paris and looking for an exit when I started to hear alarms and gun shots.

"Holland I'm scared." Sniffed Paris.

*A bomb in the car park goes off, followed by deathening screams and more gunfire*

"Shhh, shut your eyes and be as quiet as a mouse." I squeezed Paris to me, trying to block her ears from the sounds outside of this cupboard.

Shit!!!

Moments ago when I approached this cupboard there were keys in the door. I obviously took them out of the door before we hid in here, but I hope the owner of the keys had decided to abandon them. I didn't want anyone finding us... unless Quinton or Chris could save us. Oh lord, I hope they're ok.