Chapter 30: Office

H

It was Friday morning and I received an email from Felix saying to meet him at the office. I was happy to go to get out of the hotel and be involved in a
resourceful work environment. Quinton's corporate building was where I first did work for him, despite not having met him yet. I knew the chances of me seeing him were rare, but to be in such environment was something I slightly missed.

After the meeting I had planned to meet someone to give me the pocket money CJ said he had for me, but I wasn't sure about it. I wanted to speak with him first.

~
I a black shirt, black dress pants, black loafers, a scarf and a mahogany brown trench coat. It was getting cold, though to be fair we haven't had that much of a cold winter like usual.
I had a vest and tights on top of my undergarments to insulate some warmth.

I plopped my wired headphones in my ears, did a bag and room check before leaving the hotel. I felt... excited! I felt a sense of giddiness which I didn't completely understand.

~

I sat in the lobby of the luxurious modern building. It was busy, people constantly in and out. I knew that I wasn't going to, but an inkling piece of me had hoped I had run into him. Even if it was a quick hi or bye I could give as he continued with his journeys of busy matters. After all, I couldn't fault his distance from me. He was a CEO of an established business, I can't imagine the responsibility of looking over so many people. He probably needs a break...

"Mr Holland Pierce." A plump red headed woman called my name. She was very pretty actually.
"Please come with me." She smiled showing off her gap tooth.

I got up and followed her for 3 minutes as she took me to Felix's office. She knocked on the blurred glass door. There was a buzzer to the right of the door, why not press that?

You heard a shout of "Come on in!" And that's what we did, we entered the familiar blue and grey office. It had loads of paperwork everywhere, put in neat piles though.

"Morning Felix." I fixed a prepared smile on my face.

He was on the phone and waved towards us. He pointed for me to sit in front of him and waved goodbye to the curvaceous red head.

"Okay I understand... I have the company, so forgive me as I say goodbye... Goodbye Mr Michaels." His tone of voice was delicate and soft with a high sense of endearment. His eyes were fixed downwards as his elbow sat on his desk, fiddling with a pen. A quill pen.

Felix didn't have a normal pen in sight, just a quilled pen that had a little gem on it. It looked fancy with engravings on it, though it didn't contain a feather of the end.

"Good morning Mr Pierce." He turned his attention to me once he put the phone down.

"Call me Holland. So.." I took out my written notes from my bag.
"Let's get started." I was abrupt, I had no time for chitchat. I didn't particularly want it, especially not with him.
"So the pitch I've written is about advancing technological gadgets first. The gadgets should be personal to Quinton's desires first and foremost and then it's about the approach of creating a system where the assets are 100% owned by the company. Me being apart of the company for this project ensures I get my cut from its usages.

This will save money as distribution tax won't have to be paid to outsource companies. I will create a product utilising the team and that idea will get sold to the market so investors can buy in to help manufacture the gadgets voluntarily.-" before I could continue I was cut.

"How are you so confident that this plan would work?" Frowned Felix, clearly doubting me.

"Because I know how to engineer a masterpiece. And with the help of this company I shall be able to expand my creative ideas. The company has the capability to make what I want and what Quinton wants, happen." I stated boldly.