Chapter 14 (II) - Why?

Katsuki was a good distance away from the cave

Katsuki was a good distance away from the cave. The guilt and the anger was boiling inside him. He had to get away from the Omega or else he would've scared him, if he already hadn't. But no matter how much he tried to control his anger, he failed. The anger, that the Omega almost died, anger of how reckless the boy was, anger about how he was sent here in the first place and mostly anger, that he failed as an Alpha, to be someone reliable for the Omega.

"YOU VOWED TO PROTECT HIM." Katsuki screamed in anger. The anger of how he failed as an Alpha was eating at him.

He needed to fight something and kill something. He needed to calm his head. He can't face Izuku like this, he would just scare the boy off. A rustling noise drew his attension towards his left. A sinister smirk appeared on his face. 6 Swimps emerged from his left, hissing at him. His scream must have alerted them.

"Good, I was thinking of killing something." Katsuki smirked as he unsheathed his sword.

-

-

-
Katsuki came back to the camp around late afternoon and was covered in blood. Izuku was in his tent resting but came out running as soon as he heard metal armour stomping on the ground. His heart dropped in his stomach when he saw the Alpha covered in blood from head to toe. The Alpha's beautiful ash blond hair was completely drenched in blood and turned red. He froze right in his spot. Katsuki was taking off his armour and his eyes drifted to Izuku who stood there looking like he saw a ghost. He stared at the boy and quickly realised why he had that reaction. He got up and walked to the boy. His breastplate and placard was off and he had a black silk tunic underneath which was drenched in blood. He dropped his armour carefully on the ground and approached the Omega.

"It's not my blood." Katsuki said as he took off his gauntlet and ruffled the Omega's hair.

"...Crimson Beast.." Izuku thoughtlessly said. He never doubted that he was injured. He had heard everything about the Alpha and knew that he had never recieved a single scare from his battles. He had dueled the Alpha countless times so he was well aware of how good the Alpha truely was. Katsuki had to hold back alot against the Omega and he was aware of that.

"..What?" Katsuki asked chuckling lightly.

"Ah Um.. Well I knew people call Katsuki-san that.. but I had never seen it myself.. I now did.. And you truely look like.. a Crimson Beast." Izuku said as if in a daze. His eyes were glimmering and the sight almost made the blond's cold heart melt. He stared directly at Katsuki without blinking.

"Haha my lord, you should see the Commander in his wolf form covered in blood that is when he truely looks like a Crimson Beast and that is truely terrifying, even for us." Jirou said chuckling when she overheard their conversation.

"Purple hair, don't scare him." Katsuki lightly growled and then turned back to the Omega.

He eyed Izuku from his head to toe. The Omega was still wearing his tunic, his hair turned a dark greenish brown with all the dried blood and dirt, his legs were covered in dried blood same with his arms. His face was slightly dusty with the dirt that was stuck to his face. Ochako had forbade them from touching the boy for the two days that he was unconcious. He had to recover from depleted mana so someone who had no affinity to mana could harm the boy subconciously by sucking mana off of him, so she was the only one who tended to the boy after she woke up and before that Izuku was tended to by Katsuki alone.