Chapter 16 (II) - Surprise

"What are you talking about shitty hair?" Katsuki asked

"N-Nothing.." Izuku whispered as he tried to walk inside the inn and avoid the conversation all together but Katsuki grabbed his hand, stopping him.

"I think I had warned you enough last year about doing things on your own, Omega." Katsuki said, his voice was cold and intimidating and his face matched his voice.

"A-Alpha.. It's n-nothing really.." Izuku muttered out fidgeting with his fingers trying to not whimper at the cold glare. Izuku wasn't one to easily submit in front of an Alpha but Katsuki was different, he was no ordinary Alpha and probably one of the strongest dominant Alphas.

"Izuku.." The Alpha called out in a warning tone. Izuku truly hated seeing the Alpha angry. Katsuki was gentle and loving all the time but when he was angry, he sounded very similar to his father and he couldn't suppress the thought that the Alpha would hit him like his father does.

"...I am just worried about Emerald's safety." Izuku finally confessed, submitting infront of his future mate.

"Why? Is your father that sick?" Katsuki asked furrowing his brows more. Was the Duke that ill that he couldn't look after Emerald while Izuku was away?

"..mmm.. not that.. it's.. Xeno... Xeno has been sending small troops to invade Emerald in the past few months.. They would invade through routes, we had no idea existed and pillage the near by villages.. They have been rather relentless with their attacks..." Izuku confessed as he sighed heavily. Ochako gave him a sad smile and made him sit down on the bench beside her as the three Alphas towered over them.

"So? They are small troops.. The Emerald Knights can handle that much." Shoto said and scoffed. Were the Emerald knights that incompetant without their leader, that they cannot even handle a small troop?

"If they could, I wouldn't be so worried Sh-Todoroki-san.." The Omega sighed heavily.

"What do you mean, Lord? They can't?" Eijiro enquired.

"No... Emerald has alot of knights and soldiers but I can only count a handful of them who I would say, are strong enough to be called Senior level Crimson Knight. If the Emerald Knights were even 60% as strong as Crimson Knights.. I wouldn't have to worry." Izuku said rubbing his tensed temple. He had been worrying about this from the past few months. The lack of reliability on his knights and them lacking in skilled and powerful knights was also one of Hizashi's fault. Hizashi was money hungry so he would do anything to save spending much of it. So only low level mercenaries or soldiers work for the Emerald estate as their pay is far lower than any other.

"How bad is it?" Katsuki asked, his voice commanding, resonated in the vacinity.

"... Bad. Every confrontation has lead to many injured knights. We have the resources to treat them but not enough mages and.. the supplies won't last forever but they have to be treated. I can't just let the knights suffer." Izuku said frustration clear on his face.