Chapter 6

3rd person's POV

Just like any other day, Katsuki woke up early in the morning, making pancakes for Haru, today was the interview as Kaminari said and he was a little nervous.

True, Shoto and him had a decent relationship back in high school, they used to do homework together, but would he even remember him now?

All through the school year, Katsuki kept Haru a secret from his classmates, only Bakusquad knew. Haru grew up with the school teachers.

"Haru baby.. wake up, you need to get ready for school." Haru whines a little but gets up obediently.

"Daddy? Are you going to that in-inte-intevwiew you were talking about to Kiri uncle?"

"It's called interview and yes, I am, why do you ask?"

"Auntie Mina told me to wish you good luck! So good luck daddy! You can do it!"

Katsuki smiled widely seeing his son wish him was just so pure and cute that his confidence instantly boosted. "Thanks a lot, baby."

Time skip because the author doesn't know how to write interview scenes~

Katsuki was pretty confident with how the interview turned out, he had answered their questions confidently, even though he didn't know the exact details of a few things, he managed them somehow.

All the way back home he felt all giddy about how he nailed his interview and how he might be getting a better job than at a shitty place where managers rule the workers.

He went back home all smiley, picked up Haru swiftly, and kissed him all over his face telling Haru that he was Katsuki's lucky charm.

"Th-that tickles! Stop daddy!"

He decided to call someone, wanting to share the news, "Hey Katsuki! It's been a while, how are you?" Katsuki was still grinning but then it went wider hearing Izuku's voice.

"I've been nice, I must say"

"What happened to that shitty manager of yours?"

"Language."

"Sure, but honestly, what happened to him?"

"I have no idea, I mean I was technically fired three days ago and I never went back. I don't know what's going on in there.. "

"I hope he rots in hell."

"Izuku." Katsuki playfully warned him.

"What? I'm not even cursing!"

Both burst out laughing, it's weird how they immediately clicked and they could just make random jokes and enjoy each other's company, they felt comfortable.

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you something-"

"What is it?"

"That's what I was about to say, you brat. Like I was saying before I got interrupted by your dumbass-"

"Hey!"

"-I attended this interview today and I think it went well."

"Oh my goodness!! That's so awesome Katsuki!! Congratulations!! I hope you get the job then we can rub it all over that stupid manager's face and have fun!"

"Yeah.. -Wait, what?"

"Please don't mind me, continue."

"Okay so, I am just happy that I might get the job! I always wanted to work there, you know.. it was like a dream and I have this confidence that I might make it! It's a really big milestone in my soon-to-be 23 years of life."

"Wait, you are 23?"

"Is that the only thing you listened to? That wasn't even the point!"

"Oopsie-"

Katsuki scoffed playfully and then replied, "Yeah, I am, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, it's just that I didn't expect you to be THAT young."

"You thought I was an old man?"

"I mean, you still are.. "

"Hey!" They both soon started bickering, Katsuki was in a very happy mood that day that he kept talking back and irritating Izuku who was laughing really hard that Katsuki doubts his co-workers were looking at him weirdly.

Everything was fun until-

"DADDY!!!" Haru screamed from upstairs making Katsuki go straight on high alert. He forgot about Izuku completely and ran off upstairs to Haru's voice.

The poor child has accidentally hit his head on the bedside table and was crying for some sort of comfort, Katsuki plopped his phone on the bed and whispered, loud enough for the phone to catch,

"It's okay baby.. calm down, yeah? It's not that big, come here, let me just rub that spot for you.."

Katsuki holds Haru tightly and starts rubbing his head while whispering sweet things in his ears, soon Haru stopped crying and they were reduced down to soft sniffles and whimpers.

"Are you okay now, Haru? Does it still hurt?"

"No daddy, it's okay, thank you.."

"No worries, lovely"

Just the Katsuki noticed his phone on the bed and realised, he quickly picked it up and saw that Izuku (or the hotline) was still online.

"Izuku-"

"Katsuki..? You have a child..?"

In a different place because author doesn't want to spoil anything~

"Ms. Lee, bring me the documents needed for today's meeting, please." A nonchalant voice was heard in the room.

Quickly a petite blonde girl nodded, so fast that people would be scared that she might break her neck, and left the room immediately, her heels tapping on the ground, breaking the silence.

Shoto stood up from his chair, sighing softly and looking out of the window while drinking his coffee, his new best friend.

Being a CEO was something Shoto was trained to do ever since he was a child. He had no choice, all because he was (unfortunately) born in the Todoroki household.

The past few days have been super frustrating to him and yet again, his father wants him to look through the candidate's list (Shortlisted and already selected) who had applied for a job. Why is that even important?

Does he REALLY have to do that? Do all CEOS do that? Probably not, his father just wants to overwork him and see him suffer.

What even is interesting about these candidates?

His eyes landed on a certain paper that stood out, his eyes went comically wide seeing the picture of the person, he quickly snatched that file, resulting in everything falling.

"Sir I'm back with the documents, here you are" his PA busted into his room, showing off her cleavage in her tight dress and trying to seduce Shoto. Everybody, including Shoto, knows about her crush on him but chose to ignore it, why? Because she gets the job done.

"Thanks. Now clean this up." He states, pointing at the pile of files down on the ground except one which was in his hands.

You've got to be kidding me.. she thinks before sighing and doing the job.

Shoto leaves the room, before thoroughly scanning through the file just to make sure he wasn't dreaming. He probably was, seeing the number of times he skipped meals and sacrificed his sleep.

But this seems to be true..