Chapter 38

3rd person's POV

Katsuki and Blake walk over to everyone present in the court room, Katsuki introduces them to Blake and vice versa. "You've got a lot of friends Bakugo."

Katsuki chuckles softly, "You could say that Miller. But.. The ones that I needed the most today aren't here." He says dreamily, his fingers immediately going to his phone.

"What do you mean? You've got Midoriya here.. Who else did you want today?" Blake asks, coming to a halt.

"My parents. They hate me for Haru and well.. I don't even think they know anything about what's going on right now."

Blake immediately tries to apologise, Katsuki soon reassures him that's it's alright and he's learnt to live with it for years now.

"They've never been there for me. It's just.. I don't even know why I'm expecting them to even think about me.

It's clear that they don't like me, yet.. I can't help but hope that one day, they will come back, be whom I want them to be." Katsuki trails off.

Blake stays silent throughout. Just then, Ms. Midoriya walks by, "Katsuki! Congratulations on winning the case! Anyways, where's Haru?"

Katsuki laughs how she is literally only there for Haru, "Hello aunty, are you not interested in talking to me or is Haru just more interesting than me?" He questions with a hearty laugh.

"Oh come on, you know I love him." Inko says with a smile and gives a small hug to Katsuki.

"He's there, playing with Hana."

"Oh! We've got another kid now? Okay then, I'll see you later." Inko walks away to play with Haru and Hana.

"She's.. nice, is she Midoriya's mother?"

"Yeah, I've met her like once before but she's really nice."

Both of them find Matilda sitting all by herself, so they walk over to her.

"Ah. Blake, how have you been?" She questions with a soft smile as soon as she sees him.

"Mrs. Sheild. I'm doing good, just a slight difficulty at walking sometimes but overall, I'm doing awesome. How are you? All good?"

He questions, immediately sitting on a chair next to her, Matilda then gestures Katsuki to sit on the other side.

"Oh, I'm doing good honey. It's been.. okay to say the least," she says showing hey prosthetics.

"Just okay? Does it still hurt?" Blake questions worriedly.

"A little, but it isn't unbearable. It's okay. I still need to start walking more on it, but I'm just a little scared you know. The usual." Matilda whispers, her hands stroking her prosthetics.

"I'm sorry.. it's all my fault and-" Blake starts rambling, his eyes getting a little teary.

"No no no, it is not your fault. Don't worry, it's okay." She says, softly patting Blake's knees in reassurance.

"Am I missing something here?" Katsuki asks with an awkward expression. Blake let's out a small chuckle.

"3 years back I got into a car accident and it cost me my leg. It was completely mangled and stuff, you know. I don't wanna disgust you talking about it.

I needed an immediate surgery. I had options like prosthetics and stuff, but it obviously won't be comfortable. Besides, my job needed me on my legs a all the time.

So.. Melissa forced her," he pauses with a grateful smile towards Matilda, "to donate (is that the right term?) her legs. I didn't know she was forced until a few months ago, before Melissa came over to cause all these chaos here.

I thought Mrs. Sheild did it on her own accord and kept weeping about it all the time but I didn't know it was forced. That's when I realised that.. she would do anything for her loved ones, kill people, force them to do things.

I never knew how much of a monster she could be."

He says, letting out a shaky breath. "At least she's no longer around any of us. I don't want anybody hurt because of her." Matilda whispers.

Katsuki soon leaves them alone, sneakily slipping away when they start getting more comfortable with each other.

He didn't want to be a distrubance.

Soon, he walks away and tries to find Izuku.

"Izuku!" Katsuki yells out, Izuku was talking with Rei, Todoroki's mother. It was his first time meeting her and she already loved him.

"Yes, Kacchan?" Haru, who was being fed by him, wiggles away from Izuku just as Katsuki approaches them.

"I'm going to play with Hana daddy, bye!"

Izuku tries to catch hold of him, his cheeks a bright red, trying not to look anywhere near Katsuki, but Haru escapes away.

"Um.. I'll just go and see to that he doesn't get hurt.." Katsuki yanks Izuku back.

"You're just trying to avoid me." He deadpans.

With a dramatic gasp, Izuku says, "You know that's not true!" Just as he tries to slip away.

"Stop trying to escape from me Izuku. Your mom's there to take care of them." Izuku looks around and indeed his mother was sitting with Hana in her lap while listening to something Haru was explaining.

"See, I told you. Now.. why were you trying to escape from me?" Katsuki whispers, pulling Izuku by his waist. He could see his friends, including Blake, give him a silent whistle.

"Nothing. I told you, I wasn't trying to escape from you." Izuku says, trying to wiggle away from Katsuki's hold.

"Is daddy going to kiss zuzu?" Haru questions, walking towards them with Inko.

"Haru! You shouldn't say such things!" Izuku whines.

"Yes Haru. I am gonna kiss Zuzu." Katsuki says smugly. He immediately connects their lips together, letting his hands circle around Izuku's waist.

Izuku closes his eyes slowly, his hands traveling to circle them around Katsuki's neck. The both break apart, only to meet back for small pecks with a smile adoring their faces.

"I like you Izuku. Will you go out on a date with me?"

"It would be a sin to loose this opportunity Kacchan. Of course I will go out with you." Izuku answers back with a wide smile.

"You watch too many cringey love dramas."

"I'm aware."