Chapter 8

3rd person's POV

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?" Katsuki was at the company now, his hair styled and slicked back.

Today was his first day and he is excited to prove to others who he was. Unlike letting others treat him like shit.

"My name's Katsuki Bakugo. I was newly appointed here as the finance manager. Do you know where I should report?" He was pretty sure he wasn't the only one who got selected.

A lot of people were interviewed..

"Yes sir. Please go to the third floor and on your left, you'll find a cabin, Ms. Miyoko will be waiting for you there."

"Yeah okay, thank you." Katsuki mutters before bolting away, he just has this thing for girls. He can't stand them. Especially those straight girls who would always hit on him.

And that receptionist seemed to be a bit too interested in him.

Katsuki quickly took up the elevator and knocked on the door which held a sign saying 'Ms. Miyoko Akiyama'

"Yes come in." Katsuki steps in to find a girl, around his age with blue hair and blue eyes, wearing a black dress, reading some documents.

"Morning Ms. Akiyama. My name's Katsuki Bakugo, I was told to meet you here." Katsuki shook hands with her and sat in front of her.

"Oh, Mr. Bakugo. Nice meeting you. I was waiting for you. My name is Miyoko Akiyama, but you probably already know that. I'm Mr. Todoroki's secretary. Come on, I'll show you your cabin."

Both of them took off, to a much higher floor. "Here Mr. Bakugo this is your cabin, you can customize it however you want. My cabin phone number is on the telephone you can call me if you have any questions.

This is the last floor you have seen, your co-workers are all on the same floor, Mr. Todoroki is also on the same floor on the other side. Your temporary user name and password are stuck on the table, you can change them and remove the paper too."

Katsuki listens to everything she had to say and slowly looked around the cabin, it was pretty spacious and he kinda liked the warm tones on the walls.

"I wanted to ask Ms. Akiyama, there were a lot of people who had attended the interview, how many were selected?"

"Five people were selected, but two of them were shifted to technical support and the other three were shifted to customer care, you are the only one who was selected for the finance department."

"They were shifted? They interviewed for this post only, right?" How would a person get selected for something they weren't tested about?

"You all were interviewed generally Mr. Bakugo. The job you applied for was your preference, if someone was good in technical things they would get selected for technical support, it's kinda like that."

"Oh.. okay, thanks a lot! Anyway, I must've kept you from your schedule.. sorry."

"It's okay! See you around!"

She seemed pretty nice.. Hope everyone here is..

Suddenly the phone on his table rang, he picked it up, and before he could even introduce himself the voice said, "Mr. Todoroki is requesting you in his office."

Should I go or should I run away? Geez! Why should I run away? I didn't do anything wrong..

He's just worried Todoroki might judge him for having a child, probably freak out even more if he finds out he hid it from him for years.

With a half heart, Katsuki slowly walks to the other side, coming in front of large black doors. A girl was standing in front of it, chewing gum.

The moment she saw him, she somewhat malfunctions for a second and starts eyeing him. "Are you Mr. Bakugo?"

"Yes. That's me."

The girl walks up to him and tries to touch his arms, but Katsuki swiftly pulls away, frowning. "Well hello, Mr. Bakugo. I'm Kiyoko Lee. Mr. Todoroki's PA. Nice meeting you Bakugo."

"I don't care. You said Todoroki wanted to meet me. Where's he?" The girl, Kiyoko annoyingly chews the gum before pointing at the doors.

"He's in there. But mind you, he doesn't like being called with just his name. You have to call him Mr. Todoroki."

Katsuki scoffs, "Whatever."

He takes a deep breath and opens the door. Inside Todoroki was sitting on his chair, his legs propped up on the table, just like how Katsuki used to do in his high school days.

"Half and half bastard," Katsuki mutters as soon as the doors closed behind him and Todoroki looked up.

"Bakugo. Long time no see.."

Katsuki casually walks up and sits in front of Todoroki, his unusual and unnecessary nervousness gone. "Yeah... You could say that.. how have you been?"

"The same old. How about you? You seem different.." Todoroki states, his cold aura dropping and letting his friendly persona out.

"Yeah.. I've been fine.." Katsuki says, not even paying attention to his own words.

"I'm sorry we lost contact.. I wanted to call you up and give you an invitation for a job. But, the company still isn't under my control, my father is still ruling it. I'm just the public's face. Anyways, I'm glad I got to meet you here again."

Katsuki smirks and says, "Glad to meet you too. I was fired and you were the best option I had." Todoroki turns his head confusedly and asks,

"Fired? You? Why? What happened?" Katsuki scoffs again before relaxing more on the chair and briefly tells the story to Todoroki.

"I don't even understand how people like this even exist.. anyway, I should be grateful to you boss, if he wasn't like that you wouldn't have come here, you know."

"True.."

Todoroki asked his PA to get both of them boba before they both catch up with each other. "Have you married already, Bakugo?"

"Um.. not really.. but I do have a child.. "

Todoroki looks a little surprised, "I expected you to have been married already. I mean you were in a serious relationship in high school, weren't you?"

"Yeah, we didn't work out.." Katsuki looked uncomfortable. Obviously. So Todoroki dropped the topic.

"I hope I get to see your kid soon. He must be a brat, just like you." Todoroki joked making Katsuki let out a small chuckle.