Chapter 37

3rd person's POV

Blake is asked to get into the witness stand by the judge. He walks in, trusting Izuku with his daughter. "So, what's your relationship with Ms. Melissa?"

Blake let's out a shaky breath before starting to blurt everything, "My name is Blake Miller and me and Melissa have been married for nearly 2 and a half years now.

We met at work in the U. S, fell in love and got married a year later, then soon, we had her." He says gesturing to the small girl playing with Haru.

"Her name is Hana. Hana Miller. But, unfortunately, she's been suffering from a chronic heart disease since birth. We tried various treatments from different parts of the world, travelling to every place we could to help.

But nothing did. A risky transplant was our only option. We waited for donors for so long. We nearly gave up on it. Of course, you need a dead person or a brain dead person's heart for this.

So.. she, I mean Melissa, even once tried to kill a person with the same blood group as Hana to help her." He says, pausing to look back at Melissa who was down against the wall, sobbing into her hands.

"We've been through a lot those days. People telling her she was the one at fault for our baby to end up like this and a few of them even asking us to kill the baby because she was 'going to die soon anyway'.

It was mentally exhausting for the both of us. She had told me everything about Me. Bakugo, her ex boyfriend and about a son whom she had abandoned in Japan.

I somewhat told her one day that he probably could be a perfect match for Hana. Since they were half siblings you know.

I saw this mysterious glint in her eyes and.. I knew she was thinking of something. She booked tickets to come to Japan a week later. I thought she was planning something.

She said her dad was sick, so I even called him up to ask him if it was true and that basta- man even lied to me. And I freaking believed him. I had no idea he was in the plan together.

I'm sorry for everything my wife has caused and I'll make sure she will take any punishment given by this court. Thank you." Blake finishes off with tears running down his cheeks.

The moment he steps down, Melissa catches on to him, pulling on his sleeves to not let him go. Blake let's out broken sobs, gently trying to move away, only for Melissa to latch on harder.

"Please.. love.. le-let me go!" He cries, with a final pull, he walks away from her, trying his best to ignore the heartbreaking sobs from behind.

The court gives a verdict, "After seeing the evidences provided by Mr. Daichi Sawamura and the verbal statements provided by Mr. Blake Miller, we hereby announce Ms- no, Mrs. Melissa Miller, I believe, " the judge asks, looking over to Blake who was nodding his head in affirmation.

"And Mr. David Sheild as guilty." He takes a pause, many people in the court let out a sigh of relief, Izuku immediately hugs Katsuki and starts crying. "And they will be sentenced to 20 years in jail."

The judge finishes off. Katsuki could feel tears well up in his eyes, he softly calms down Izuku, rocking both of them together. Haru sees Izuku crying and immediately runs over.

"Daddy, why is Zuzu crying?" He asks, feeling himself start to cry.

Izuku looks down at him and scoops him up, "Oh no, please don't cry baby, I'm just happy. It's okay."

And to all of their surprise, Hana starts tugging on Izuku's pants. He looks down and immediately crouches to her height.

Blake soon comes forward, "No Hana. Don't disturb them."

But Katsuki stops him, "Oh, it's perfectly alright, don't worry." He walks forward towards Blake with an outstretched hand.

"My name is Katsuki Bakugo. Nice to meet you."

Blake shakes their hands together with a grateful smile. "Nice to meet you too Mr. Bakugo." They both give each other an awkward hug, laughing it off.

When they turn around, they find Izuku holding both Hana and Haru in his hands, baby talking with them.

Haru was laughing loudly at the funny expressions that Izuku made at times while Hana would occasionally smile.

Melissa looks at them from far away while the officers were signing some documents, double-checking if their cuffs were locked before forcing them from the ground.

She looks lost, satisfied, guilty and happy all at the same time. Lost because she doesn't know what she would do anymore. Satisfied to have seen her husband and daughter happy.

Guilty for what she put them through and happy because.. well, she now had the confidence that Katsuki would be there for her husband, even if she isn't.

David looks at Melissa before nudging her and giving her a sad smile. He whispers a sorry as they are taken outside towards a van. She gives him a smile, saying it's alright.

All of them in the court watch them go, they all knew both of them deserved it. They could do nothing but let them go.

As they leave, Blake turns around to Bakugo, "I'm sorry for everything that Melissa cause to you and your husband."

Izuku starts choking on thin air, literally. While Katsuki stays frozen. Blake soon notices with wide blown eyes, "Oh I'm so sorry, you guys still haven't proposed or something, did I ruin it?"

Izuku walks away with a completely beet red face while Katsuki tries to laugh it off with a red blush present in his cheeks.

Kaminari walks by to them with a smug smile. "Actually mate, they aren't even dating yet. Unbelievable, right? I can understand."

Katsuki rudely glares at Kaminari.

"What Bakubro?" Katsuki grits his teeth and mutters a nothing before walking away.