Chapter 18

3rd person's POV

A couple of hours later, after Izuku went home to freshen up, he bought the others something homemade to eat, since all they had was canteen food the before day.

Soon as the night-time rolled in, the doctor they had met earlier came back with casual clothes, they assumed that he was done with his shift.

"Hey again. How are you feeling now, Mr. Bakugo?" Katsuki had a painful smile on his face, the stitches in his abdomen and head had been stinging for a while now.

"The stitches sting.."

The doctor gave a slight chuckle, "That's normal, don't worry. Your body is just not used to having something pierced through it."

Haru was asleep in a small bed arranged by the hospital staff while the others were doing random things, like checking their phone and stuff before going and sitting next to Katsuki after seeing the doctor come in.

Izuku then stood up, going next to Katsuki and sitting on a chair, while the doctor sat across him. "So... doctor..?"

"Yeah. Right. My name is Hitoshi Shinso. You can call me whatever you want to."

Izuku gave a warm smile and introduced everyone in the room, they all gave a small bow when their name was called out. Suddenly the door opened, and for some reason, everyone tensed up.

Everyone was already there inside, then who was the one outside? Turns out its just Todoroki. "Why are you all looking like you just saw a ghost or something...? I don't bite."

Kirishima and the others gave him a small hug and a pat on the back, seeing that they are meeting after a long time and yesterday they would've looked like absolute shit when he arrived.

Shinso looks at Katsuki as if he was questioning if he was okay with Todoroki being there, Katsuki smiles and introduces each other, "That's my high school friend, Shoto Todoroki and this is a doctor working here who has been helping us on a lot of things, Hitoshi Shinso."

They both shook hands and sat back down. "So.. what is going on?"

Izuku speaks up, "We are filing a case against whoever attacked Katsuki. And Shinso volunteered to help.." Todoroki nods along with the words.

Then soon, Shinso began speaking, "So, I was appointed as your doctor the minute you came inside, and just when I was about to get into the Operating theatre, a person, probably around his mid-forties came up to me and said,

'Kill him and I'll give you as much as you ask for. ' before I could react, he shoved a business card onto my hand and left. I, of course, couldn't do that. So, I completely ignored him, but I still have the card if you want."

"They asked you to kill him..?" Kirishima asked confusedly, Shinso nodded to it while fishing out a card from his pocket.

"But.. why?" Kaminari spoke out. Katsuki took a look at the card and sighed in frustration.

Shoto raised his eyebrows questioningly, he took the card from his hands and read out the name, "Sheild group of companies"? Who's company is that?"

Mina grumbles and says, "Melissa's." Shoto frowned.

Hitoshi and Izuku were confused. Sero asked Katsuki to narrate exactly what happened that day and about Melissa to Shinso and Izuku.

"Melissa is my ex-girlfriend. Haru's biological mother. She got pregnant with Haru in high school and tried to abort him.

I begged her not to, so she ended up giving birth and leaving him with me. She said she didn't want to be a part of Haru's life since he was technically a mistake.

That day, she was at my doorstep. Years later, I was still a little happy to see her but confused too. I ended up inviting her and her father inside, Haru was in his room.

She started speaking about how she wanted to take Haru away with her. I kept telling her that she didn't want him then what makes her want him now. She said she wanted custody of him and then she would never let me meet him.

I kept arguing with her that at one point, her father started searching for Haru and I had to go and stop him, when he spotted Haru in his room, he tried to take him away and I stood up in front of him blocking him.

I didn't notice Melissa behind me with a baseball bat, she hit me and took Haru from her father, and went towards the door, Haru kept crying and I tried to stand up and get him back.

Then her father stabbed me with a kitchen knife and pushed me away. I still stood up and kicked them off and snatched Haru away from them and locked the door.

They kept banging for a while and ended up leaving because they knew they might gather attention if they broke the door open. Haru ran away to his room because I told him to.

So once I made sure they left, I went back to his room, to find him having a panic attack. I tried my best to calm him down, but all the blood might have just made it worse.

I tried calling someone and randomly clicked on a contact which turned out to be Izuku." Katsuki completes. Shoto sighs loudly and sat back on the chair, his hand over his forehead.

"What is it Todoroki?" Kirishima questioned.

"I think they are trying to kill Katsuki so that Haru's custody would be changed to Melissa since she is his biological mother."

"We can't let that happen."

"We WON'T let that happen," Izuku said confidently.

"We have enough evidence, right? Katsuki's wound and Shinso as a witness. We could win the case easily, right?"

"I don't think it's that easy.. They would've thought about legal problems too. We will try the legal way, if it doesn't work, we might've to solve it ourselves."

"How..?"

"I don't know.."