Part 11

I entered the Chains and went straight to the bar. Ordering some whiskey, I looked around. There were some regulars as always and a show was going to start soon. I wondered if I would have the opportunity to see Emily in a play. My heart skipped a beat just of the thought of that. I sighed and gulped the glass until I saw the bottom and went to the meeting room.

 The lights were dim when I entered and the first thing I saw were some girls dancing naked and two men sitting around the table casually.

 When my eyes met Daniel's I inhaled a sharp breath and moved closer to him.

 "Tony, my man!" he immediately stood up slapping one of the girl's butt and moved to give me a bro-hug.

 What the fuck?

 "I haven't seen you for ages. Wow, you look bigger and more brutal now," he teased and I just motioned for him to sit down.

 "I was devastated when you left and look at you. All boss-man now yourself," he looked me up and down again and smiled. I just took out the paperwork and started to go through it.

 "Have you gone deaf? Or are you still mad at me being pissed at you that you fell in love with my woman?" this time his tone was stern and cold.

 I looked up at him feeling all the emotions of my past coming back like a fucking waterfall on my head.

 "I am not pissed. And I am not in love with anybody." I said coldly and moved my eyes back to the documents. "I believe you want to work with us so why don't we get started so we can finish quickly. I assume you want to explore the club with your wife." I passed the folder to him and leaned on a chair.

 After what felt like forever looking at me Daniel fixed his tie and motioned to a guy sitting next to him to get the hell out of the room taking the naked chicks with him.

"Let's get to the case, Tony." Daniel sighed loudly rubbing his face. "I am not here to work with you. Sure we will sign this contract but that's not the purpose I came all the way from Chicago," he confessed and I saw unknown emotions on his face.

  Was he scared? Or devastated? Or both at the same time?

  "What do you want from me?" I asked coldly trying to hold my stance.

 "You know Emily and I are meant to be. Life with her is like living in heaven," he started but I cut him off.

 "Straight to the point Daniel. I don't have much time for your marriage details," I hissed. The fucker was rubbing her in my face.

 "Lately Emily was acting strangely and last month she took off and I don't know where she is now. I know you are the best at finding people and I know she trusted you. I want you to find her," he leaned on the table and took my hand. "Man, I feel horrible without her. You have to help me," he pleaded. "I hired the best PAs in the country even the ones from abroad but I've got nothing. I know you two had some bond kind of shit and I know only you can find her."

She left? Why? What happened?

"I don't have time for hide-and-seek games, Daniel. If you fucked up just wait and she will return. Apologize and continue living your perfect life," I said blankly standing up.

"Please Tony..." but I was on my way out.

"We lost a baby..." Daniel's words made me stop dead in my tracks.

I turned and looked at him. Not that I saw some grief in his eyes but he indeed was devastated.

I couldn't imagine what Emily must have been feeling right now.