Part 37

Author's POV

With trembling hands, Emily lowered her gun and fell to her knees. Tears were running down her cheeks and her lips were trembling.

Tony looked at a limp body of Giovanni laying on the ground and finally started breathing again.

She shot him right in his chest. His smart girl was fast enough to let him live and that fucker to die.

"Princess, everything will be okay. Put your gun on the ground and try to breathe," Tony said in a calm voice.

He carefully moved to Giovanni to make sure he was dead but he was still showing some sign of life breathing heavily while blood oozing from his mouth.

"Y-you will reg-r-ret" he squeezed the words out harshly.

Tony smiled looking at his pale face and pointed a gun at his face.

"Then see you in hell," he said and was about to pull the trigger but heard Emily's broken voice.

"Don't!"

He turned around seeing her moving with unsteady steps closer to him.

"I want to do it by myself," she said weakly.

Tony's heart skipped a beat seeing her determined face. She was not a killer. He couldn't let her do it. Rosso hurt her but killing him would haunt her for the rest of her life.

"Emily, I know you're hurt but you can't do it," he tried to reason her but she was quick to cut him.

"No! I can do it! He tortured me he put a claim on me. I have every right to kill him for this!" she shouted pointing a gun at an old man.

Rosso only tried to smile looking at Emily intently.

"G-go ahead," he encouraged her spitting some blood from his mouth.

Emily's hands gripped the gun tightly and she tried to steady her uneven breath. Deep inside she knew she couldn't do it but remembering all that she's been through covered her heart with unbearable pain. All her life was a total pain starting from her childhood that she had to spend in a shelter because her parents didn't want her and then ending up with her ex-husband killing her child. She felt like she didn't deserve any happiness that's why destiny gave her only struggle and bad memories.

Closing her eyes, she felt a warm hand on her cheek.

"Love, please. Listen to me. He doesn't deserve to have the last wish of being killed by you." Tony's soft voice calmed her a little bit.

He was the only man in her life that didn't lie to her or betray her.

Emily opened her eyes finding those dark orbs gazing straight into her soul. Someone could think they were scary and dangerous but not for her. For her, those dark-like night eyes were the whole bright world. The man that gave her that feeling. The feeling of being safe despite all the circumstances.

"I love you, Tony," she said lovingly feeling the warmth of his fingers caressing her cheek.

He smiled at her confession and with his other hand lowered her gun to the ground.

Just for a second Emily thought that finally, this all was over. Just for a second, she allowed herself to think that she could be happy. She was late on her period and she suspected it all happened the first time they were together after her kidnapping. But she had no guts to take a test or to say anything to Tony. But now she was determined to come back home and they both would do the test.

In that same second the gunshot was heard startling both of them.

Giovanni Rosso had a hole in his head and a man that did it was standing with a disgusted grimace on his face.