Part 35

My head hit the back of the chair from the impact of Emily's fist to my jaw. Closing my eyes, I tried to stay calm.

Did she just fucking hit me? That woman was making my blood boil in every possible way.

"If you ever say that I am nobody to you again, I will kill you with my own hands," her angry breath fanned on my face.

I so wanted to smile but I knew better than this. The woman had some skills now. I had to be careful.

"Open your eyes and say you don't love me," I shot my eyes at her the minute those words left her mouth.

Her expression was hard and she straddled my lap.

"I already told you-" I started but got a finger to my lips and an angry look again.

"Don't you dare! One more wrong answer and I will kick your ass." she hissed.

I sighed loudly and lowered my head.

"You won't get off my back, won't you?" I asked calmly.

"You know the answer to that question. So now answer mine."

"Princess... It's not that easy..." I trailed off but that damn woman slapped me on my cheek when I only started.

I gritted my teeth looking at her stubborn face.

"Answer the God damn question Tony," she repeated.

"I can't tell you-" and another slap flew on my cheek. I fisted my hands trying to control the last drops of my consciousness.

"Don't test my-" she didn't let me finish when her hands started to whip my face with slaps one after another. Tears wiled up in her eyes when she furiously started to hit my chest panting hard.

"Answer me!" she screamed while tears were now rolling down her cheeks and she continued to hit me.

I gripped her hands maneuvering them behind her back and hugged her tight putting her head in the crook of my neck. She was trying to fight back damping my shirt with her tears. I just squeezed her tighter until after some time she stopped struggling. But her sobs became louder stabbing my heart like with the knife.

"I was so scared Tony..." she hiccupped.

I released her hands and she hugged my torso letting it all out while I stroked her hair.

"I was so scared..." she repeated again and got quiet.

I knew she had to let it all out. She went right into the fighting mode after she got better never speaking to anybody about what happened to her. I trailed my fingers on her back feeling the two big scars that were left on her skin. She heeled perfectly by this time but there were two deep cuts that would remind her about the past.

"Every time he hit me with the metal cane I closed my eyes imagining your grumpy face... I imagined how your face went softer seeing me and your cheesy smile..." I felt her lips twitch on my shoulder. "I don't know what is it, Tony. I guess I can't call it love but I don't want you to ever leave me..." she said the last words finally bringing her puffy face to me. "I didn't suffer this all just for you to leave me now." she took my face in her small hands and gave me the saddest smile.

"Princess, you're the most precious thing in my life. I can't risk you especially now when things are going to hit the fan," I planted a light peck on her lips. "I love you. I fell in love with you a long time ago and I don't think I can ever stop loving you."

I finally saw her sweet smile and her eyes watered but for a whole other reason now.

"See, it wasn't so hard, was it?" she teased between the kisses she planted on my lips.