Part 20

"I think you've had enough, Princess" I whispered in her ear snatching the glass of wine from her hands.

 "Sir Boss, I don't think it's appropriate to be so close to me, don't you think," she stuttered.

 Emily was having way too much fun at the party drinking with everybody and dancing her ass off on the dancefloor.

 "Don't you think-" I tried to reason her but she cut me off.

 "Don't you think that you think too much mister Boss?" she moved closer to me almost brushing her plump lips over mine.

 I sighed and moved a little bit to make some space between us. She flinched from my action and scrunched her face.

 "Well then, if you can't take a hint then take a hike!" she said rolling her eyes. Emily snatched her glass back gulped the wine down and went to the dancefloor.

 What hint? Did she drink her brain out?

 I ordered some whiskey and leaned on the bar counter.

 I had no idea what she meant. It was hard for me to understand her. Damn, it was hard for me with everything that concerned her. No matter how much I tried to stay in a friendly relationship my mind was constantly picturing another future.

 Future where I would wake up and enter the kitchen where my Princess would cook me breakfast. The future where I would hug her from behind and kiss her tender shoulder. I would cherish every minute spent with her. I would plant a whole bunch for kids in her flat tummy. I would buy her a house and grow our children there.

 The bitter truth ate me alive.

 I was taken back to reality by Haker sat beside me sighing.

 "Why don't you tell her what you really feel for her for all those years," he patted my shoulder and motioned a bartender to pour him some drink.

 "Is it that obvious?" I asked smiling sadly.

 "For me it is. I truly have no idea why she has no clue. Sometimes I can see her name written in your eyes when she's near you" he teased me.

 "Careful buddy" I warned him with a stern look.

 "Oh please, like you would what, fire me?" he smirked. "I just hope that you will hurry before Jeff will bend her over that table," he motioned his head behind my back.

 I turned around and saw Emily dancing with that jerk. She was swaying her hips seductively touching his shoulders and laughing at something. My blood boiled looking at the scene but as a miserable shit I am, I just turned back and gulped my whiskey.

 "Really? That's all?" Haker asked me with a shocked expression.

 "Yes. She is still married and even when she will be divorced she still will be my best friend's ex. And you know the rule. I will always be there for her and protect her but I just can't..." I sighed.

 "I know that you're obsessed with that girl for God knows how long! I know that she deserves more than that junky and I know that you can make her happy and safe! So what's the problem?" he asked me, looking all pissed like it was his fate that was ruined. "And don't tell me that best-friend shit," he added annoyingly.

 I turned my head looking at happy drunk Emily again and smiled.

 "You know, she is the first woman who slapped me. She learned me how to cook. Her stubbornness is making me crazy and her attitude is unbearable." I took another gulp of my drink. "She is just not for me. I am too complicated and my dark past can harm her." I finally said out loud the words that were roaming in my head for all this time.

 Haker just sat silently beside me and looked intensely into my eyes.

 Finally ending his drink he stood up and fixed his shirt.

 "Okay, if you don't want to do it then why not me? I'm a very lovable guy. I think you've heard how much I like to leave red marks on a milky flesh," with that words, he stormed to where Emily and Jeff were dancing.

 Haker approached Emily who was hugging Jeff's shoulders and said something in Jeff's ear. He immediately raised his hands in the air in surrender and took off. I tensed up a little bit not knowing what the hell was Haker doing but the next second, my eyes popped out and I fisted my hands until my knuckles became white.

 Haker took Emily by the waist and smashed his lips on her making her lose her balance. He hugged her tightly to his chest and started devouring her mouth as his life depended on it.

 The beast in me was awoken and I took fast strides to them.

 I saw Emily's shocked face and she began to push Haker apart but he didn't budge.

 I grabbed him roughly finally interrupting his assault on her lips and pushed him in the face harshly. Haker stumbled a little but remained on his feet. I was beyond pissed. The veins on my neck were popping out and I could feel the blood rushing in my veins.

 I was about to approach him again but Emily's hand stopped me.

"No! Don't! Someone will see this. Stop. Let's go outside," she hugged my one arm and tugged me with her.

 I turned around and saw Haker smirking at me while cleaning blood from his lip with his palm. He mouthed me "you're welcome" and disappeared into the crowd.

  While we reached the back entrance of the club and went to a clear air I understood his actions.

 "That son of a bitch!" I brushed my fingers through my hair. He was doing it on purpose!

 "No! YOU'RE son of a bitch!" Emily hit my chest with her tiny hands making me come back to reality.

 "No, it's not what I-"

 "NO! Now you listen to me! I am tired of your games! I am tired to make you notice me! You're acting like a freaking robot around me but the second you see a guy kissing me you're becoming jealous? Really?" she screamed in frustration waving her hands in front of me.

 I looked into her drunk eyes and went silent. Her eyes were watery and I saw so much hurt in them. My heart ached to see her like that. I moved closer to her and took her cheeks in my palms.

 "Princess... What do you mean?" I asked her calmly not losing eye contact.

 She was silently looking at me, boring a hole in my soul.

 "Princess.." I repeated but she just averted her gaze away from me.

 I moved her chin up with my thumb and kissed her forehead sweetly.

 "Tell me," I again tried to make her talk.

 "What do you want to hear Tony? If you can't see it then why should I tell you anything?" she asked finally holding my gaze.

 I was numb. I couldn't digest her words. Deep in my heart, I knew what she meant but I was still numb just staying near her holding her beautiful face in my hands.

 After what felt like a lifetime she shook her head lowering her eyes and stepped back from me.

 "You should go. There must be important people looking for you I'm going home," she sniffed a little and turned on her heels. 

 Hugging her shoulders I saw her leaving me standing like a fool in the middle of the night.