Part 27

I was walking back when I heard laughing near the pond. There was a small fireplace with comfortable sofas and a stone table around. A long time ago it was one of my favorite places.

 Moving closer, I heard Emily's voice and some men. I worriedly moved quicker and when I was finally there I stopped and rolled my eyes. My uncle Lorenzo was sitting there sipping wine while his sons Luca and Salvatore were all over Emily.

 I had a very big family and in moments like that, I really regretted it. We all grew together and always competed in every possible way. I was best with the sniper's rifle but no one could beat Luca in a hand-fight. And Salvatore was always more into creating strategies and not dirtying his hands. Although we all were physically strong.

 We all grew in this lifestyle and always got each other's backs. Despite me being the heir no one was really jealous but was supportive. We had our fights but none of them separated our brotherly bond.

 I looked at my cousins with admiration. When I left they were boys just like me. And now I was seeing two strong men. Luca was a charmer like always. He was exceptionally high and had his looks. His bright smile almost blinded the fireplace. That bastard. He had the same dark hair as me but much shorted and his eyes were blue which was rare. Anyone could see how he was showing off wearing tight suits so that his muscles were on a display.

 Salvatore was the smallest in height of all of us but he was also the bulkier. Not that I was slim but still. We all had the same tattoo on our right hand symbolizing our family and its business. And except for that one tattoo Salvatore was clean as a white paper. Luca was inked even on his face. He had lots of piercings everywhere.

 I was missing them all this time. They were actually my true brothers. We supported each other we fought for each other. We were inseparable.

 "Look who it is. Our teddy bear is finally home," Luca said standing up.

 I saw amused Emily sitting next to Salvatore who had no emotions on his face. I was about to stretch my hand to Luca when suddenly his fist connected with my cheekbone.

Stumbling on my feet I tried to catch the balance. There was dead silence and everybody looked at us.

 I straightened my posture rubbing my cheek and looked and fuming eyes opposite me.

 When nobody moved Emily stood up but I stopped her stretching my hand commanding her to sit down. Thank God the woman knew when to listen.

 I saw Salvatore with my peripheral vision and knew he was not going to forgive me for my runaway.

 "I see you lost your fight skills when you were chilling in fucking America," Luca spat at me with a thick accent.

 "And I see you still punch like a little girl," I said smirking into his face.

 He looked closely at me fisting his hands and then hugged me.

 "And you hug like one too," I teased hugging him back. "Nice to see you man," I added before letting him go.

 "You look old," he said cringing his nose and eyeing me from head to toes.

 "And you look like there's no more blank place in your body to ink," I said laughing.

"Oh but there is. I can show you. There's a lot of space. You can ink a poem down there and there still will be space," he said turning back to Emily and winking at her.

 "Thanks but I'll pass," she said rolling her eyes.

 I greeted my uncle and sat beside Emily hugging her by the waist.