Part 26

We were walking down the garden area with Emily after we unpacked. She was loving all the territory. It was huge beautiful and sophisticated.

 "So tell me, why Morano?" she asked touching the rose bushes with the tips of her fingers.

 "It's my mother's surname. I didn't want to be exposed. Campania has a lot of associates in States especially in Chicago and New York. Our dominance in drug-dealing stretches all over the globe," I put my hands together behind my back looking at the sea view.

 "So you are dealing with drugs. That is settled. What else. Sex trafficking? Kidnapping? Smuggling?" she laughed a little bowing down to smell the flowers.

 "Princess, it may sound funny or entertaining but in reality, it's a dangerous way of living. I was grown into this and still, there were times when I was scared not only for my life but for the whole family. My father is a heartless ruthless human being. He doesn't know mercy on his own kids. Imagine this man having a whole world under his legs."

 "So he's like a Godfather?" Emily smiled sheepishly.

 "Princes...." I looked sternly at her trying to intimidate her. But that won't work on that woman.

 "Okay, okay. I get it. It's just... I never knew my real family. They abandoned me at the gates of the orphanage and I had no chance to be with them. I had some foster parents but it wasn't it. I still remember the last family I ran from. They weren't bad but I wanted to live my own life. And you. You have a family. They are alive and happy to see you," she lowered her head not wanting to show any weakness.

 I knew no matter how hard she tried to be tough she would always feel abandoned by her own family.

 "It's more complex than it may look," I hugged her shoulders leading her back to the mansion.

 We went straight to the dining area. It was almost time and I had to prepare myself before seeing my father and my stepmother.

 Entering the area, I saw nonna sitting at the table sipping tea.

 "Ciao nonna. I was hoping to see you here," I moved closer and kissed her head.

 "My sweet boy. Always a gentleman," she smiled sweetly and looked at Emily who made herself comfortable next to grams. "So tell me, child. Can you handle true Italian temper?" she put her cup on the table and concentrated on Emily.

 "I think it's him who should try to keep up with my temper not the other way around," Emily winked at me making me smile.

 "It's true nonna. Emily here is quite a challenge," I took her hand in mine and kissed it.

 "Fighting is always good for the couple. It makes sex better," nonna said with a knowing look.

 "Oh my God, Nonna... Please..." I started to rethink taking Emily with me. Too bad it's too late.

 "What? It's true. Your dad was conceived right after your nonno lost a big deal and we were fighting over the fact that he had to go to Russia for a year. I was fighting so bad I scratched his whole body. Or was it during sex? I don't remember for sure." 

 "Okay, do you want me to puke right here?" I asked her irritated.

 Emily just sat there with a huge grin on her face enjoying how uncomfortable I felt.

 "Honey, you should really try some Italian meat. It's far more different from what you have there in your America," nonna waved a maid to start to serve the dinner.

 "I hope you are talking about food," Emily joked.

 "I like her. You should marry her my boy," nonna said nonchalantly not caring it was a hard topic for us.