Part 14

"So you're telling me even you couldn't find her?" Daniel furrowed his brows at me.

 "I know for sure that you have to stop looking for her. She will come around eventually. Just go back home. Maybe she is back already for all you know" I looked at his wide eyes.

 All this time I was looking for Emily, tracking her down, and bringing her with me, Daniel lived at the club in one of the private rooms. Haker was looking after him. The information I received made me rethink Daniel's feelings for Emily. He was drinking and having orgies. Haker mentioned light drugs which were forbidden at the club. I was afraid that this may be the reason for all. 

 Six years ago I almost lost Daniel to drugs. He was a mess while quitting but I helped him. And seeing him now, sitting opposite me with widened pupils and red eyes I was scared for him.

 "When did you start again?" I asked knowing he will surely understand what I'm talking about.

 Daniel just scoffed at me and stood up.

 "It's nothing like that. Just some fun. I did lose a wife you know." he commented.

 "A child. You lost a child. Your wife is just coping with the loss in her own way" I gritted at him.

 "Yeah, whatever. Anyway. I signed the contract and now I'm leaving for Chicago. I am counting on you about finding my wife." he shook my hand and left.

 I sighed loudly and called Haker.

 "What's up boss?" his head poked into my office.

 "Did you do everything I asked you?" I went straight to the point.

 "Yes, I inserted a bug in his watch I even managed to put a tracker under his shoulder. The man was so wasted and full of scars after a session that I figured why not use the opportunity" he said. "Is that okay?" the kid was scared for my reaction but I couldn't be happier knowing now I will be able to know Daniel's every step.

 "You did well. Thank you. Send me all the necessary info and you can be free for today" I gave him a nod.

 Before coming home where Emily and Nancy were waiting for me I ordered Italian and arranged some clothes for Emily. Knowing herб she would want to go explore the city and that was not an option for her for some time.

 When I entered my apartment it was silent. It was so silent that I got suspicious. I moved carefully through the living room when I heard some muffled cries. I ran to the sound to find Emily on the floor with a glass of wine and Nancy near her. Emily was crying and Nancy just sat with her head low.

 "What happened? Is anybody hurt?" I moved quickly closer to them inspecting both for any injuries.

"No. It's just. Nancy's story is so sad" Emily sighed.

  "Are you serious? I thought something bad happened! You can't just scare me like that!" I yelled making Nancy flinch at my words.

 But not Emily. She looked up at me, fire burning in her eyes.

 "Are you saying her life is okay? Are you saying she doesn't deserve to be happy?" she stood from her spot trying to intimidate me with her stern look. Silly girl.

 "Okay, enough vine for you two," I snatched the glass from her hand and helped Nancy to stand up.

 "Nancy, dear go to the kitchen. The food will arrive soon and I want you to prepare the plates," I patted her back hurrying her out of the room.

 "Yes, Sir" Nancy bowed her head and disappeared into the kitchen.

 "Really? Dear? You sound like she's your sister or a long-lost grandma," Emily teased me slumping her ass on the bed.