Part 24

"It's good to hear you, son" enthusiastic voice of my father made me nauseous.

"What do you want?" I had no interest in speaking with him, and him calling me personally meant nothing good.

 "I'm doing good. Thank you for asking, son" the man said.

 "Get to the point. I know you didn't call to exchange pleasantries." I turned my head looking at shocked Emily.

 She knew I was from an orphanage just like Daniel but she didn't know I went there by my own will. I knew I had to explain a lot to her but now my main issue was this damn call.

 "I know we had our fights but don't you think it's time for you to come back home and live a decent life? It's time for you to come back, son. The family is waiting for you," his words made me so mad that I thought to cut the call. If only I did it.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I told you I didn't want to be a part of that life and I will never take after you, father!" I was now fuming with rage.

"Son, you have no choice. I am dying," there was silence after that.

 Was I so deep in my shit? I didn't care for the man. But hearing that my blood relative is dying is something that gets you to stop and think.

I was left at the orphanage by my own will. I couldn't bear the thought of living the life my family was living. I had all the right qualities to inherit my father's business but it was never my wish.

 I sighed loudly and rubbed my face.

"Okay father, I promise you to visit soon but don't think that it will change my mind," I said sternly.

 "I am happy, son. I would love you to visit me maybe you could introduce me to a woman if there is one" he said with a chuckle.

 Yea, like the woman I want, would ever want to be a part of a damn Mafia family.

 "I will be home by the end of the week," with these words I ended the call.

 I moved back on the couch and closed my eyes. The was complete silence but I knew the wheels in one pretty hear were turning with the speed of light.

 "I know what you want to ask me but please can we talk about it later?" I asked her hoping she will give me some time to think of a good explanation.

 "There's nothing to explain," she said coldly and stood up.

 I shot my eyes open and saw her disappointed look. 

 "Princess..." I tried to say something. Anything actually but she cut me off.

"Don't you dare to call me like that again!" she shouted with watery eyes. "Just when I thought that maybe... Just maybe I have a man who will never lie to me I end up in shit again," with that said she went to her room slapping the door loudly.

 Groaning I rubbed a hand over my face. I would never be normal, would it?

 I woke up in the living room still in my suit pants, smelling coffee. Stretching my sore muscles and sat up and looked around. Yesterday I spent almost all night trying to come up with a plan how to explain everything to Emily. After one empty bottle of whiskey and zero plan, I drifted off.

 I was about to go freshen up when Emily appeared near me with a cup of coffee and some toast.

 "I hope you drank a lot and now you have a horrible hangover," she spat at me placing everything on the coffee table. "I am going shopping for the trip and I am taking your credit card and Haker to drive me," her confidence brought chills up my spine.