Part 22

I groaned in my sleep. My eyes were closed and I couldn't move my left hand. It was like I didn't have one anymore. I rubbed my eyes with my healthy hand and adjusted to the morning lights.

 The first thing I saw was a bird's nest made of blonde hair and a milky shoulder peeking out of the sheets. She was still in deep slumber hugging my hand like a pillow. My numb hand was right under her head with my palm on her chest. I felt sad that it was numb and I had no chance to feel her with it.

 Quietly leaning closer, I kissed her shoulder sweetly.

 "Thank you for the most peaceful sleep I've ever had," I whispered into her skin leaving wet kisses along her silky skin.

 I carefully removed my dead hand under her and sat up stretching out a little bit. It took me a minute to finaly feel my arm that was numb. I went a hairband from the nightstand and was going to make a bun when I felt two hands under my back taking the band from my hands.

 "I like your hair like this. Don't tidy it up at least when we're at home," she then hugged me from behind, circling her soft hand around my chest and taking a long heavy breath.

"Hungover?" I asked caressing her fingers.

 "Of course I am, were you blind when I was drinking all the alcohol they had at the bar yesterday?" I could feel her eyes rolling on my question. 

 I just smiled and shook my head.

 "You have got so many new tattoos," she trailed her finger along my back making me stiff.

 I widened my eyes and stood from the bed quickly, moving to the bathroom.

 "I'm going to the shower and then we can make some breakfast," I practically ran inside the bathroom leaving confused Emily still on the bed.

 "You're weird!" I heard her yelling but I was already in the shower soaping my face.

 I left my hair loose as Emily asked and went to the kitchen smelling something delicious on my way.

 Emily was standing near the stove in my shirt that reached just under her butt. Swaying her hips to the music she stirred something with the spatula. I smiled seeing her use it as a microphone.

 She saw me leaning on the kitchen door and smiled happily still singing along.

 "Are you going to join me?" she wiggled her eyebrows and moved to me.

 "No way, Princess. I do not dance," I crossed my hands over my chest showing her my dominance.

"Yes, you do. Come dance with me," she took my hands and started to move my body along with hers.

 I relaxed feeling her hands leading me after her. I was circling her under my hand and swaying with her holding her waist. She laughed at my silly moves trying to teach me how to do it better.

 After a while, we were so engrossed in the dance that we forgot about the pan on the stove until it started burning.

 "Shoot! My eggs!" Emily rushed to the stove but it was too late. She threw a hot pan in the sink with a sad face.

 "It's all your dancing. Even eggs were embarrassed seeing you," she turned her head to me with a smirk.

 "Did you just insult my dancing skills?" I narrowed my eyes at her, taking slow predatory steps.

 "Oh, believe me. Your dancing skills are not the worst thing in you. Like your thinking for example," she smirked evilly and took off running to the living room, leaving only a trail of cold air after her.