Part 33

I sat in the van nervously waiting for this day to end as soon as possible. I could hear all that was said in the auction through my earplug and I could clearly see the stage where everything was happening.

All I could think about was Emily. It's been almost a week since shit happened and I was furious thinking how they treated her there. I just prayed to gods for her to be in a clear state of mind considering the well-known fact that they drugged women.

"Relax, bro. We're almost done here and tonight your girl will be with you," Luca tried to calm me down.

After we found the website with the auction we made a fake identity for Haker so that he can attend it as a foreign wealthy businessman. I so wanted to do it by myself but for obvious reasons, I wouldn't even make it halfway in that fucking building. So we set Haker with a hearing device and some mini cameras to see everything.

After what looked like forever we heard Haker whisper into the mic.

"She's not here." and then my world came crashing down. I felt like my skin was on fire from all the blood rushing inside my body.

"I'm going in!" I declared and was about to exit when Salvatore stopped me.

"Don't be so stupid. We have an extra plan and we will stick to it. Sick the fuck up and don't ruin everything!" he hissed at me with venom.

Salvatore wasn't happy about the plan from the start telling us that Giovanni wasn't that stupid to just auction her so we ended up with one more in case that would happen.

After the auction ended all the buyers had to go into individual rooms and explore their purchases. In case something didn't work up they could cancel the deal and pay the fee for wasting time.

On the display, we saw Haker entering a room and communicating with a girl. She was about 20 but the bags under her eyes and her skinny figure said it all. He moved closer to a girl whispering to her that he won't harm her and what looked like gave her a long hug. After that, he exited the room and canceled the deal of buying her with a man in a black suit.

When Haker came back to the van he looked like he had the most horrible day ever.

"This is so fucked up. That woman. Broken and drugged. How can anyone do stuff like that?" he breathed out shaking his head.

After a minute of silence, Haker took out his laptop and started some app showing the map and a sign on it showing our current location.

"When they will move her back we will see the movement and track it down," he said.

I leaned my head on the window and tried to calm my nerves. The sign started moving and then stopped and we followed it leaving the city and riding along the industrial buildings at the secluded area. The team was already there waiting for the command.

"Let the team clear the area then we can enter. Do not do anything stupid," Salvatore warned me exiting the car and giving some commands through the receiver.

I checked my gun and looked outside the window waiting for the team to do its job. Gunshots were heard and then after some time I heard the "all clear".

I ran as quickly as I could inside the black two-storied building. There were bodies lying around and some screams could be heard. I ran down the corridor opening every door. Our team was helping the women and taking our injured men out of here. I ran to the end of the corridor entering the least room on the floor and saw Haker opening a cage.

"I'm going up," I said and rushed outside when I heard Haker's voice.

"Tony!" I turned around with my gun ready to shoot and ran to him.

He was kneeling in front of an injured body trying to open the chains on her hands. I moved closer and my heart stopped beating.

It was Nancy. Covered in blood and bruises barely breathing. I helped Haker to take her out of the cage and lay her down on one of the mattresses.

There wasn't a clean spot on her body. It looked like she was tortured for all this time she went missing. She clearly had lots of broken bones and her hair was cut short.

"Call the hospital team to our safe place and take her there now!" I roared. "Nancy, can you hear me?" I caressed her swollen bruised cheek trying to wake her up.

She stirred from my touch but when her one eye opened shock was written on her face.

"I-I...Sorry.." she breathed out.

"Shh, don't. Haker will take care of you. Do you know where Emily is?" I asked her.

Nancy tried to answer but it was clearly hard for her so he just pointed her finger up letting me know Emily was on the second floor.

I ran like a madman breaking every door on the floor until I saw a metal one with a lock on it. I shot the lock down and opened the door with a loud noise.

It was a white room with some devices in the corner. My eyes scanned the area and I saw a bulge under the covers on the bed. I moved cautiously to the bed and carefully took the sheet down.

She was lying curled up in a small ball with her hands under her head. Tears started to form in my eyes seeing her bruised body. I couldn't bear to see her like that. She clearly was under some drugs because she didn't move when I tried to wake her up.

"Princes, please wake up" I pleaded, caressing her hand.

I sat beside her and scooped her in my arms while tears were falling down my cheeks. It was all my fault.

"Tony let's go." I heard Luca's voice but I couldn't move a muscle. "Tony, we have to go. Shit will happen if we won't leave, now!" this time he screamed making me flinch.

I covered Emily in the sheets and Luca helped me to put her in the van.

I held her in my hands all the way back to our new hideout looking at her broken body. Never in my life have I felt so broken. I couldn't utter a word. I just sat and looked at her tear-stained face.

She had some bandages on her body and the lines on her wrists were visible letting me know she was chained.

"I am so sorry, love..." I whispered. "I am so sorry..." I rocked her in my arms feeling her uneven breath.

"Tony, she is safe now. Everything will be okay." Luca said patting my shoulder.

But I knew it won't. Nothing will be okay now. Now I had to help her heal and let her go. There was no way I would let her suffer like that again. She suffered enough before I entered her life and now she was beyond broken. I made it worse. I had to protect her.