Part 25

"Are you kidding me? We are flying to Italy in that?" shocked Emily pointed her finger at my family's private jet.

 Yes, wealth in my family was a common thing but after I took off I never used anything. I wanted to be away and apart, so using their money wasn't an option.

 "Come on, we have a long flight and a longer trip. Let's get it over with" I said with irritation pushing her inside the jet.

 The slim flight attendant showed us the seats and we made ourselves comfortable waiting for one more person.

 When he entered I could see the wheels rolling in Emily's head.

 "Emily, do you remember Robert, Daniels former driver?" I asked but she was just looking at the man like he arose from dead.

 "Good afternoon dear Emily. It's nice to see you again," Robert greeted her kissing her hand, and then he sat opposite us.

 "Robert was sent after me by my father. He always was near me but never exposed himself. Just in case. And when I moved to California he also moved and became one of the security CCTV managers in the firm," I explained to Emily, and then she finally closed her mouth.

 "Hello, Robert. I am a little shocked but I am happy to see you." she smiled sweetly and then added. "I think I'm gonna need some alcohol. The trip just started and I am already in shock," she motioned to the girl to give her some champagne.

 "Wait until you meet nonna," I said making Robert laugh and I joined.

 "What's so funny?" Emily narrowed her eyes at us.

 "Let's just say, signora Maria can be very straightforward," Robert answered. "And I guess signor Antonio is ready for all the pressure he will receive on your behalf" he winked at Emily and took a journal to read leaving me annoyed and Emily with more questions than answers.

"What does he mean and who the hell is Antonio?" I could sense a note of irritation in her voice but hearing her question I couldn't help but laugh.

 "Princess, my full name is Antonio Vincenzo Campano. It is more like a title in Italy so I hated using it. That's why I ended up as Tony." I passed her a glass of champagne but her look was still scary a little bit.

 "That's great. That's just perfect. What else don't I know about you? Do you have a wife? Kids? Are you Islamic?" she rolled her eyes taking a sip from the glass.

 "Actually... As a future head of Campania, I would have to marry an associate's daughter. My father and the head of the Russian Mafia made a deal before I was born. But something happened later on with the Russians and my father postponed that subject and then I ran away. I had no interest in marrying some random woman even for the family and I never will, I said proudly but still not knowing what will be her reaction.

"Wow," was all she said before standing up and moving to the back of the jet. There was a small bedroom there where you could sleep over the flight.

 I gave her some time and after half an hour knocked on the door. With no response, I entered seeing her fast asleep on the bed curling her knees to her chin.

 Sitting carefully near her petite body, I covered her with a blanket. 

 "If only you knew Princess what wonders can I do for you. I would never marry anyone except you and I definitely won't love anyone else but you." I kissed her forehead and went back to Robert.

 We rode a half an hour to the suburbs of Napoli along the sea. I never thought about how I missed this place. It was like I returned back in time. Out family house was situated right above the sea on a rocky hill and the sight was breathtaking.