Part 36

Pacing nervously around the big hall I looked at my watch. The guests were starting to arrive and it made me anxious. I was waiting for the arrival of one particular man.

 Roman Volkov was the son of Ivan Volkov who couldn't come but assured me that his son now dealt with most of the job and he has something to discuss with me. He was quite calm on the phone and told me I would have all their support. It was a bit odd for me and knowing the Russians, their support only meant that they had something in mind.

Two weeks of preparing for this event was exhausting. We had to make a good escape plan and a plan of what to do if everything would hit the fan. It was a risky plan with a lot of complications but I was determined to finish Rosso's once and for all. I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that my little sister was living a worthless life somewhere. I had a plan on how to find her but it would work only if the event would be a success.

"You look like a shit man," Luca approached me from behind patting my shoulder.

"I'm trying my best," I answered looking at the watch again.

"Relax, everything will go according to the plan," he assured me.

"I am only hoping that you will all stick to the other plan if everything won't go according to this plan," I said sternly.

"Stop being so controlling. We won't need to stick to it because everything will be fine," he rolled his eyes on me and went to mingle around the people that have arrived already.

"Tony Campano," I heard a thick accent behind my back.

I turned around to see a tall guy with dirty blonde hair and a wicked smile on his face. Well-tailored grey suit and a wolf tattoo starting on his right cheek trailing down to his neck. Anyone from this world could say he was from the Volkov family. Besides the guy was a total copy of his father.

They all arrived two days ago. I already explained everything I wanted to do and to my big surprise, they were alright with it despite the fact that a lot of their men could not make it out of this event.

"Roman Volkov," I shook his hand and looked at the guy standing beside him.

"This is Marcus Clay. He is one of my associates from States and he eagerly proposed his help." Roman said motioning his head in the direction of a guy who looked somewhat like my age. Although he looked like he was bored or even pissed looking around and sipping his champagne.

"Pleasure to meet you," I stretched my hand to him but he stood with his eyes frozen to a staircase.

I turned around and saw Emily on the top of the stairs. She looked breathtaking. She had a long red gown with a slit on her leg and an open cleavage. Her blonde hair was tucked up in a neat bun exposing her long neck with some diamond earrings. Her green eyes shone with confidence seeking me in the crowd. I felt my breath knock out of my lungs when she finally found me and gave me her sweetest smile.

Last night we spent almost all our time making love and talking about our future. She had so many plans and it warmed my heart to hear that all of them included me.

I was so mesmerized by her, flying in all my dreams that I didn't even register when she came close and planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Hello, gentlemen," she looked at Roman and Marcus. I noticed her looking closely at that Marcus guy like she knew him.

"Emily, what a pleasant meeting," Roman said with a big smile on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him when he leaned down and planted a kiss on her hand holding it too long for my liking.