Part 40

Authors POV

"Oh my God, it's so beautiful!" Emily put a hand on her mouth seeing the house.

They landed in Athens and after that took a private jet to a small island that belonged now to Roman.

"This is the place where our mom grew up. Our babushka lived here. She married our grandpa and left for Russia but when she got knocked up she came back here to raise our mom," Roman explained while helping Emily with her luggage. (babushka-Russ. for grandmother)

"It's now my so-called shelter. No stranger lives on this island so you can relax and do whatever you want." he opened the house revealing the spacious living room.

It was a rather small two-storied house with floor-to-ceiling windows that covered most of the wall area. The rest of the walls were made from white stone. The sight was breathtaking. You could smell the saltiness of the wind through the open doors to an open-air courtyard. Everything was decorated in white and beige colors making the place look bigger. The big columns were holding the roof giving the place a somewhat ancient note.

Roman showed Emily her room on the second floor and left her alone for a couple of hours promising her more surprises later.

After unpacking her stuff, Emily proceeded to the huge balcony attached to her room and made herself comfortable just sitting and overlooking the sea.

It was good to breathe on full again. To feel the wind and sun on her skin.

She looked down at the beach and the same dream came into her mind.

"You will never build a castle for your daughter..." a tear slipped from her eye and Emily wiped it with trembling hands.

She sighed heavily and decided to distract herself. Taking her phone, she dialed the number.

"Hello," she said sadly looking at how the waves crashed on the shore.

"Emily! It's so nice to hear you. I heard you moved to Greece." Nancy beamed in her ear.

"Yea, I just need a little time."

"I understand. Hey, if you want I can come over. I am sure Tomas will let me."

Emily smiled knowing how happy Nancy finally was. When she came back to States, Tomas confessed his feelings to her and they started living together. They were contacting every single day telling news and supporting each other.

"It's okay. I want to be alone. I have to figure out a lot of stuff." Emily sighed looking and the white sand. She saw Roman coming from afar with his phone attached to his ear and smiled. "I have to go now. Raincheck?"

When she went downstairs Roman was already there taking a bottle of water from the freezer.

"Aren't you hot in that suit?" she asked teasingly.

"Like I have a choice," Roman rolled his eyes and went to sit on the dining table. "So, I have one more surprise for you," he wiggled his eyes brows looking at his phone.

"I hope it's not more secret sisters that were lost," she mused taking a seat opposite Roman.

"Actually, who knows. Our father is one unpredictable tool," he laughed and looked behind Emily's back through the window. "No, it's better and he's here already." he stood and went to the doors.

"He?" Emily moved after him and after a few seconds the doors opened and a bulky guy with a suitcase entered. His body was covered with ink leaving only his face untouched.

"Meet my friend, Oleg. He's the best tattoo master." Roman greeted his friend and showed him the way to the living room.

"I'm Oleg," the guy stretched his muscled hand to Emily with a slight smile.