Part 41

Guess whose POV?

I woke up but felt numb. My eyes were still closed and it all felt like a dream. Dead silence surrounded me. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. I tried to say something but it was like I was being paralyzed. Panic started to crawl inside my head. I wanted to scream to move but my head was buzzing and it was all I could feel.

Okay Tony, concentrate!

After a long pause, I started to hear a noise, like a beep sound. I tried to concentrate on that sound and every second it became louder. I finally tried to move my heavy eyelids and it worked a little. I could see a bright light but it was painful to open my eyes completely. I felt a light tug on my hand and then I felt my fingers move.

Thank fuck I wasn't a total vegetable. Now all I had to do is try and open my eyes fully. Fighting with the urge to just give up and go back to sleep I finally opened them and cringed taking the surroundings. Everything was so bright and white. Maybe it was heaven? Who could tell?

"Can you hear me?" a voice penetrated my eardrums so loudly it startled me.

I slowly turned my head and saw a nurse. So I gave her a nod. Accommodating to everything I got to the conclusion I was in the hospital. She checked something on the monitors that were around me and flashed a light in my sore eyes.

"Great to finally see you awake," she smiled at me. I tried to say something but my throat was like on fire a tried to move my trembling hands to my face but she stopped me. "Let me move the tube out then you will try to say something."

I widened my eyes and in a second felt like I was going to throw up. She slowly moved the tube out of me making me wince from agonizing pain. If that was the feeling any woman had while sucking a dick I would never pursue Emily doing it ever again.

Emily! Memories came crushing on me like a tsunami. I remembered letting her go and remembered my fight with Massimo. But how did I manage to run when I remember pushing the button on the detonator?

I started to thrash in the bed trying to make any sound.

"Sir, please! You have to lay still. You were out for more than 4 months," she said with panic on her face.

4 months? I was out for 4 months? Emily must have gone crazy.

"I-..." I tried to speak but it was so fucking hard that I decided to try and stand up. I had to see her.

"Please, Sir! Calm down! I will call Mr. Volkov. Just please lay on the bed." her words made me freeze.

Memories of Roman dragging me upstairs filled my mind. That bastard blew a punch on my face and then everything went dark. Why would he save me? Was I in Russia now?

I decided to calm down for now to gain some strength. Who knew what Roman had up his sleeve. I nodded my head to the nurse and laid back.

She exited the room and I tried my best to make my body move. I sat up and felt a little dizzy but I had no choice but to run the hell from here or at least try to. I moved my legs from the bed with the help of my hands but they were just tangling down like some ropes. I was about to stand up or fall down when the nurse came back with a man in a white robe.

"Good to see you so strong already Mr. Campano," he smiled and moved to me putting me back in bed.

"Be happy I can't punch you right now," I finally managed to say a whole sentence.

He smiled and started some procedures on me while I was planning how to kill him and everybody around me just to run to my Princess. I closed my eyes imagining how devastated she might be.

"So, your vitals look good. You will need some dentist help because you're missing some teeth but overall with the help of rehabilitation you will be like a new coin after a month." he smiled sheepishly and started to write something in his pad.

I licked my teeth feeling holes somewhere far in my jaw and greeted the remains of my teeth. Fucking Volkov would pay for this.

I was about to try and fight the doctor when the doors behind his back opened. I couldn't see who it was. The stupid doctor blocked the view but after a second I heard a gasp. I felt my heart clench in my chest.

The doctor moved aside and I saw Emily leaning on Roman hands with shock written all over her face. I narrowed my eyes at the position Roman was holding her and couldn't hold my anger.

"Step away from her," I said in a low growl but only saw him smirking at me.

Emily was still too close to him. What the fuck was going on?

"Princess..." I cocked my brow looking at her eyes that started to produce tears like crazy. Her whole body was trembling and I couldn't see her like that. I tried to sit up again and stretched my hands to her. "Come here."

I saw Roman patting her shoulder and whisper something in her ear. Then he kissed her temple and nudged her to me. I could feel my blood pumping in my veins but I had to stay calm.

With unsteady steps Emily approached me and looked at me like I was a ghost. I could see she was scared to touch me. She looked at my face and my miserable state. It felt like she was studying me.

But I had no will in me so I tugged her hand and pushed her to me hugging her. I inhaled her scent and finally felt at ease.

"I feel like I haven't seen you for ages," I whispered in her hair.

Her small hands finally circled my weak body and she started to sob letting all her emotions out. Of course, it had to be hard for her to see me in a coma for 4 months.

"It's okay. I'm here, I'm with you," I tried to soothe her.

"This...This can't be real..." Emily whispered into my neck. She looked up at me with her teary eyes.

"Hey...Princess. I told you I would always come back to you," I put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Okay, I will go arrange Tony's transportation to our house, and you two catch up," Roman interrupted our moment for a minute but with those words, he disappeared.

"Why were you all snuggly with Roman Volkov?" I asked Emily taking her face in my hands. I kissed her salty eyes and her nose. I started to pepper kisses on her whole face making her finally smile at me. "God I love your smile," I kissed her lips lightly and moved her to lay near me.

Emily curled her body next to mine and gripped my torso so hard like she never was going to let me go.

"So no one knew that Roman saved me?" I gave her another question but she just stayed glued to me like a little girl and hugged me tighter.

"There's so much to tell..." she finally whispered.

"But I see you didn't bother to grieve for too long my sweet Princess. Look at you befriending a Russian Mafia Boss. And you look chubbier. Russian food really agrees with you," I teased rubbing her back.

Emily stopped hugging me and propped her body on one elbow looking deeply into my eyes.

"Yea... About that..."