Part 17

WARNING

DRUGS WILL KILL YOU!  

I am against it and I don't support using them!

__________________________________________________

The flight to Chicago was exhausting. I haven't slept enough at night and now I was pissed at every little thing.

 I arrived at the rented apartment and went straight to the shower. I didn't know for how long I would have to stay here. My mind was going crazy about the last night's events. I was scared that I would just snap Daniel's neck when I would see him. There was no excuse for his behavior and he surely knew better than getting back with Alex. That piece of shit was a useless human being.

 After the shower, I got dressed and dialed Haker to make sure he did what I asked him for.

 "Everything is done, boss. I reported him to the police and sent them evidence. He has been arrested already. Just waiting for the sentence," Haker said. He convinced me to do something with Alex because with him out of the picture Daniel would have a bigger chance to start over. Yes, Haker was aware of the situation but not about the details of Emily's horrible moments.

 "Thank you, Haker. I owe you. Send me the address where Daniel is now because I can't log to that damn app you've installed" I asked him while leaving the apartment.

 The car stopped near some cheap motel with fishy people chilling around in the area. The building was old and dingy, the broken sign was hanging on one nail.

 I knocked on the greasy door but there was no answer. I knocked one more time and then just pushed the door with some force breaking the lock. The sight in front of me made me go back to the times when I was looking for Daniel all night long. All those times when I had to drag him out of the comatose state. 

 He was sleeping on the bed with some whore. Empty bottles were scattered on the floor. The place stank with fungus and weed. I could see the remains of drugs on the coffee table.

God damn it, Daniel!

 I pushed the naked woman on the leg using my foot scrunching my nose. No way I would touch her but I had to make sure she was alive. After seeing her stir in her slumber I proceeded to Daniel.

 "Stand up, you fucker!" I roared in his ear while trying to wake him up. I had to slap his face a couple of times before he decided to finally open his bloodshot eyes at me.

 "Tony! I am so happy to see you!" his voice was broken and he sounded like he was yelling at the stadium all night long.

 I grabbed his arm and made him stand up. He groaned lazily putting his legs on the floor, I was this close to snap.

 "Take your stuff. We're leaving," I commanded letting him go so that he can collect his wallet and phone.

 After that, I pushed him out of that place leaving some money on the table.

 I made him walk to my car pushing him ahead. It was like watching fucking Bambi learn to walk.

 "Like in good old times", he blabbered under his breath shaking my head in disbelief.

 The way to the mansion was not long and completely silent.

 I was shocked to see such a mess. The lawn was dry and all the bushes were untrimmed. It was dirty all around the mansion. The inside was the same, covered with a thick layer of dust, bottles and trash scattered on every surface.

 "What happened to your maid?" I asked walking down the hall to his room.

 "I fired her. She was irritating me," Daniel sighed entering his bedroom.