24. him

Two weeks went by like a blur. You were as buzzy as a bee, other than Pepper who was busy doing a lot of things like cake taste testing and wedding decor approval. Tony and she decided on a medieval wedding, just beyond the outskirts of Ireland. Thor had the idea of having an old fashion wedding, like the balls familiar to him, Loki, Steve and Bucky. The 1930ish style of parties where women wore gowns and couples waltzed under candlelight, drunk on wine and laughter.

Loki and you barely had any time together, as Tony asked him, Thor and Steve, to be his helpers, Rodhey being his best man. The little time you both spent together were filled with little kisses, light reading and cuddles. The two of you were always too exhausted to carry on with anything, especially you. Loki cared a lot about your well-being and didn't want to do anything to discomfort you by making you participate in activities without your consent.

One week left to go. The wedding was to be held at a lovely castle, a few miles from the sea. The guests were to stay there. The guest list consisted of the team and some more people from Tony's and Pepper's company.

Right now, Pepper, Nat, Wanda and you were wine tasting for the wedding. For some odd reason, Pepper wasn't trying any of the wine. She simply asked you three to choose the ones you liked most.

"Hey Wanda, don't you think Pepper is acting a bit strange?" You asked Wanda after nudging her side, making sure the sommelier wasn't looking.

"Yea, she is. Why do you think she isn't tasting the wine? it's not like she can't have alcohol, unless......" Wanda stops quietly, pondering on a certain thought. Quickly you make a connection to what she might be thinking of.

"Unless she's..." you both raise your eyebrows, shocked at your little discovery. Looking at her stomach, you realised it was considerably bulgy, in the best way of course. You probably didn't notice it as she was wearing a layered jacket and a warm scarf, dropping over her small breasts.

"Pep?" Nat called, "Could we talk to you for a second?"

"What do you need?" She answered, walking towards us and away from the head chef.

"Are you pregnant?" Nat asked with no sign of hesitancy or consideration.

"Well, I suppose I can't hide that anymore," she laughs as you all swarm around, eagerly placing hands on her protruding belly. Loads of 'aw's and 'ah's we're sounded, leaving the sommelier raising a brow.

"I'm about 4 months along." She sighed contentedly. "And yes, Tony knows, that's also why I had to get the dress a size bigger."

"I can feel her heart beating," Wanda whispers.

"Her?" You tilt your head quizzically.

"It's a girl," Wanda smiles. After a few more moments taking in Peppers pregnancy, you break apart, resuming your duty of wine tasting.

\-/

Getting back to the compound was exhausting. Flopping down on your bed, you chug down some water. Your door is opened by none other than Loki, wanting to see you after an exhausting day, all puppy-eyed.

"Hello darling, how was your day?" Loki asked, scooping you into his arms, pulling you up to rest your head on his torso.

"Better now that you're here," you hummed, letting your eyes seal shut. Twirling your fingers mindlessly around a strand of hair, Loki felt a rush of something in his chest. It felt so comforting to just have someone. Someone for him. He debated telling you about his other form, you deserved to know. But what if you'd left him. Surely you'd leave, he thought. Just because you had once said they were beautiful, doesn't mean you'd still think the same if you saw them.