chapter 14

He stopped pacing and faced me. He walked up to the bed and sat next to me. He turned and faced me.

Harry's POV: I've never told anyone what happened that night, not even the other boys.

*Flashback to when Harry was 6*

I laid on my bed, reading a book. Then, I heard Dad come home. Mum was asleep, she went to bed early because she worked early in the morning. I ran out to the living room. "Daddy!" I yelled, but stopped when I saw him kissing another lady. "Hey! That's not Mummy!" I yelled. Then I guess Gemma, my older sister, heard because she came out. Then I went and tried to pull Dad off of the other lady. I yanked with all my strength, but it did nothing. He swatted me away. To him it was like trying to swish a fly away from you, but to me I was thrown across the room. I landed on my back, the wind knocked out of me. Then I started to cry and Gemma came over to me. "Harry! Are you ok?" I didn't respond, I just ran into her outstreched arms. She stroked my hair and then I heard Dad walk over to us. He pulled me away from Gemma. That's when I saw the lady. She had dark brown hair and big eyes. Then Dad smacked me in the face, and I started crying. I ran into Mum's room and woke her up. She rubbed her eyes and asked "Harry, what's wrong?" I didn't say anything but pulled her out of bed. When we got back into the living room we saw Dad and the lady kissing again. Then she left. "W-what was that?" Mum asked as I looked at her. That was the only time I'd ever seen Mum cry. She pushed Gemma and I out of the room and I heard Dad hitting her. Gemma covered my ears as I sat on her lap on one of the dining room table chairs. Then I asked, "Why would Daddy do this?"

"I-I guess y-you r-reminded m-me of that l-lady." I said between sobs. "T-that's why I w-was yelling a-at you..." I rested my head in my hands. "Darcy I-I'm so sorry. I've n-nev-ver told ANYONE this before. I-" I was interupted by a kiss. "Harry, I'm not mad." I looked at her. "Really?" She nodded as she brushed away some tears off of my cheeks with her thumb. Then she hugged me. "Thanks Darc." She nodded and smiled as she pulled away. Then she took my hand. She winced as I touched her cheek with my other hand. "I-I can't believe I hit you, I would never do that on purpose." I tilted her chin up. "Ever."