chapter 32

Harry's POV: I walked to Darcy's front door with the groceries in my hands. I can't believe I made it out of the store without getting mobbed! I mean, I DID have a huge hoodie and sunglasses on but...yeah. I rang the door bell and greeted Darcy with a grin. She led me inside and I asked, "Ready to bake?" she smiled, but I could tell something was wrong. "Yup!" she replied with WAY too much energy. "Darcy..is there something wrong?" I curiously asked as I placed the bags on the kitchen counter and turned to face her. "If there is..please tell me." She shook her head,"I-It's just my mom. She called and said that I shouldn't be dating you...that you don't really love me." She looked at the ground. I cupped her chin and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. "Baby, I really DO love you. I don't care what she says." She nodded in response and took a shaky breath. "Let's just work on this cake." she added with a slight smile. "Oh yeah. I had a surprise to tell you....what was it?" I added. "Oooo tell me, tell me!" I grinned. "Not until we finish this cake." She frowned and crossed her arms. "Fine....what kind is it anyway?" I started grabbing the ingredients out of the bags. "Vanilla cake with chocolate icing. Your favorite." She smiled in response as she took the box out of my hands.

Darcy's POV: "Vanilla cake with chocolate icing. Your favorite." I smiled and grabbed the box out of his hands. As I looked at the directions, I heard him rumaging around, I'm guessing to try to find a bowl. I opened a cabinet and pulled one right out. "Oh...." Harry said as he plucked it from my hands. "Thanks." He placed it on the counter and said, "Alright. What do we put in first?" I looked at the directions. "Flour." He got it out of the grocery bag and I went to find a spoon. I started walking over to him to give it to him, but as he turned around, I noticed he had the flour bag in his hands. "Wha-" I was interupted as flour was sprayed all over me. The spoon dropped to the ground and I yelled "Harry!" He grinned, his dimples present on his cheeks. "Alright, so that's how you wanna be?" I asked as I grabbed two eggs from the carton. He started backing up, "Darcy no please! I'm sorry do-" But he was interupted by me smashing the eggs on his head. The yolks started dripping down his hair and he gave me a death glare. The next thing I know, he wiped his hands in the egg and wiped it all down my shirt. "HARRY!" Then, he grabbed my waist and started tickling me. "Harry stop! I can't breathe! I surrender!" Then, he stopped and mumbled, "I can't believe you ruined my hair." I smirked. "I can't believe you ruined my shirt!" he shook his head and laughed. "Let's finish this cake and then get cleaned up."